So you’re interested in learning more about the “digital” or “online” side of marketing? You’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll introduce you to several free online courses that can teach you the ins and outs of marketing in the digital era.
What is Digital Marketing?
Simply put, digital marketing is the process of earning traffic, engagement, and conversions using digital tools and platforms. For example, you might use online analytics platforms to understand how people land on your website, what they do there, and how they behave after they visit (e.g., click an ad, make a purchase, or leave the website).
Traditional offline marketing methods (e.g., radio ads, billboards, magazine spreads, etc.) no longer apply in a digital world. Since a lot of the marketing activities that used to happen in person (e.g., radio ads, billboards, and magazine spreads) can now be executed online, the definition of digital marketing has expanded to include the entire online sphere. This, in turn, has led to a larger variety of learning opportunities.
One of the great things about the free online courses is that you’ll learn from some of the best marketers in the world. You’ll also benefit from their experience by getting access to the best content.
To give you an idea of what you’ll learn from these free online courses, here’s a brief sample of what you’ll learn:
- Online Marketing for Beginners: Build Marketing Campaigns Using Best Practical Tips
- Email Marketing: Build An Email List, Create E-mail Campaigns, and Measure Success
- Inbound Marketing: How to Develop Marketing Plans for Your Business Using the “Four P’s”
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Learn the Basics of SEO and How to Make Your Site More Visible to Potential Clients
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click): Learn How to Plan Your PPC Campaigns and Manage Them Using the Google Adwords Platform
- Web Analytics: Set Up Your Web Analytics Account, Design a Report, and Find Out Which Part of Your Marketing Campaign is Working and Which One is Not
- Content Marketing: Create High-quality Content to attract, engage, and convert potential customers
- Personal Branding: Design a Brand Statement, Build Your Personal Brand, and Use Personality to Your Advantage When Marketing
Get Started With What You Learn
Once you complete one of the free online courses, you’ll find that you have access to a specialized library of videos and resources that can help you build your online marketing knowledge. Just think of it as a virtual crash course in marketing!
You can also look at these free online courses as a way to expand your skillset in a certain area of interest. If you enjoy video content, you’ll particularly enjoy the courses that focus on video marketing. If you’re more of a word person, you can select courses that focus on SEO or content marketing.
In any case, getting started with these free online courses is easy. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and an open mind. From there you’re on your way to becoming a digital marketer.