The world of marketing is vast and diverse; there is plenty of work opportunity for anyone willing to pursue a career in the field. With over 300,000 marketing jobs posted every year, it is clear that employers are desperate for new talent. So if you have a degree in marketing and you are looking for a new challenge, consider exploring the world of online marketing universities. There are plenty of reputable institutions out there that can give you a good start in your career, and with the world of online learning, you can obtain your degree and gain valuable on-the-job training without having to leave the comfort of your home.
Why Online Marketing Universities?
If you’re looking for a change of pace from the 9-5 grind, then you might consider opting for an online degree in marketing. After all, learning online is accessible and free, and you can fit the classes into your existing schedule. If you’re looking to build a future in a related industry, then why not try out some of the reputable online marketing universities?
With so much competition for limited slots in traditional universities, more and more people are turning to online learning to obtain their degrees. With more and more students heading towards online degrees every year, it is clear that online marketing degrees are becoming popular because they are flexible enough to fit around an individual’s existing schedule. There are plenty of reputable institutions out there that can give you a good start in your marketing career, and with the flexibility of online learning, you can fit the classes into your existing schedule and work towards your goal, whether it is job placement or earning a degree.
Top Tips For Getting In
Even though online degrees are a popular choice for people looking for a change of pace, you will not easily get accepted to an online university if you do not meet the minimal requirements. To ensure you stand out from the crowd, here are a few top tips on how to gain admission to an online marketing school:
- Make sure you’re qualified for admission (e.g., you’ve completed the required degree, you have the required GPA, etc.).
- Apply early: Many universities offer early application deadlines, so don’t wait until the last minute to apply.
- Check the admissions requirements carefully: Some schools require you to have a specific GPA or coursework, while others may have different preference.
- Use the right keywords: Search engines such as Google and Bing look at how keywords and phrases are used in the content of a document to determine its relevance. When crafting your personal statement, make sure you use the right keywords in the right context. For example, you might use ‘retinal vein occlusion’ in your research topic, but ‘retinopathy’ could be a significant word in your statement of purpose.
- Be creative: If you can think of a unique way to describe yourself or your skills, then do it. Remember, your personal statement is an extension of your resume and it is largely focused on prospective employers. So, use your imagination and write something that will make the admission officer sit up and take notice.
Degree and Job Prospects
Upon completion of an online marketing degree, you will have the chance to work in a variety of roles within the field. While some positions may require specific training, many do not. With the right degree, you may end up working for a large corporation, a small business, or even start your own agency. As for job prospects, the world of online marketing is vast and ever-changing, so you can expect to find opportunities regardless of where you decide to work. Whether you are looking for your first job or you’re looking to switch gears, an online degree in marketing can put you in a position to succeed.
Best Universities For Getting An Online Marketing Degree
With so much competition for limited slots in traditional universities, more and more people are turning to online learning to obtain their degrees. And with the world of online marketing constantly changing with new methods, technologies, and trends, it is clear that online degrees are becoming popular because they are flexible enough to fit around an individual’s existing schedule. If you are looking for a change of pace from the 9-5 grind, then consider exploring the world of online marketing universities.
Here are our top picks for the best universities that offer an online marketing degree:
- University of Phoenix – If you are looking for a degree that is focused on marketing management, then the University of Phoenix web site is a great place to start your search. Their online MBA in marketing is a fairly new degree, and already over 15,000 students have benefited from it. The University of Phoenix offers a range of online degrees, including a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management, so you can be sure that there is something for everyone. Additionally, the School of Continuing Education offers a range of certificates and endorsements, so you can gain valuable on-the-job training without having to complete an online degree.
- University of Wisconsin – The University of Wisconsin – Stout is another excellent option for an online marketing degree. Specifically, their Graduate School offers a number of accredited degree programs, allowing you to tailor your studies to fit around your existing schedule. If you are looking for a campus-based experience, then the University of Wisconsin – Stout is certainly a good choice; its beautiful campus is located in a small town in central Wisconsin. There is also a large selection of exciting events and activities that you can take part in if you live on campus.
- New York University – If you are looking for one of the best-known online marketing degrees, then New York University’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Business is a great choice. Their online MBA in marketing is one of the most popular degrees on their web site, with over 500 applications being accepted every year. The school also offers an online Master of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in marketing, so you can gain invaluable experience while still working towards your degree.
- University of California, Berkeley – The University of California, Berkeley is another top-notch option for an online degree in marketing. Not only do they offer several degree programs online, but they also have several campuses, allowing you to choose the most convenient location for you. Their graduate programs are also quite popular, with their Sports Marketing Program alone averaging 15 students per year.