If you’re new to international marketing, you may be wondering how to break into the field. The good news is that you don’t have to do it alone. With the help of digital marketing blogs, you can keep up with the latest news, tips, and tricks regarding international marketing, and gain the knowledge you need to succeed.
Get To Know The Lingo
If you’re reading marketing blogs, you’ll notice that bloggers often speak in terms of marketing metrics, such as leads, clicks, and conversions. To ensure you’re grasping the meaning of these terms, you’ll need to get familiar with marketing lingo. Take a look at the following list:
- ROI (return on investment)
- CRM (customer relationship management)
- ROAS (return on ad spend)
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- LTVUS (LTV using social media) (Lifetime Value using social media)
- LTVCRM (Lifetime Value using CRM) (Lifetime Value using Customer Relationship Management)
Get Familiar With The Hottest Trends
One of the biggest challenges of finding your way in the world of international marketing is keeping up with the latest trends and terminology. To make sure you don’t miss out on any major news stories, it’s essential to get educated on what’s trending now so you can make the right predictions for your marketing strategy. To help you get the most out of your blog reading experience, we’ve gone ahead and curated this list for you. Be sure to check it out:
- Growth hacking (growing your blog for commercial purposes)
- In-demand skills (skills that employers are looking for)
- AI and machine learning (using artificial intelligence to improve your marketing strategy)
- Blockchain (using blockchain to promote your product)
- VR and AR (using virtual reality and augmented reality to showcase your product)
- Mixed reality (combining reality and fantasy – useful for marketers)
The list above should give you a good idea of the types of topics and trends popular in the world of marketing. Keep in mind that the blogosphere is always changing, so stay tuned for updates.
Avoid These Blogging Mistakes
It’s important to note that not all digital marketing blogs are made equal, and it’s essential that you know what to look out for. To ensure you’re producing the best possible content for your audience, avoid making any of these common blogging mistakes:
- Overuse of keywords (trying to game the system by using too many keywords in your content)
- Non-existent content (a common problem among new bloggers)
- Rocking the boat (trying to be trend-setter rather than educator)
- Poor writing (sloppy, unclear writing that hurts your SEO)
- Telling vs showing (a common mistake among new bloggers – using too many words when showing your work)
These blogs aren’t going to help you much if you’re making these mistakes, and it’s certainly not what they’re there for. Keep your focus on creating valuable content that’s informative for your audience, and you’ll start to see the benefits of marketing on a digital level.
Now that you’re equipped with the basics of marketing terminology and the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing blogs, you can get back to absorbing as much knowledge as possible. Whether you’re looking for an in-demand career or you’re just wanting to better understand the industry, marketing blogs are a great resource for gaining knowledge and proving yourself professionally.