Berlin is one of Europe’s most fashionable cities. Trendy boutiques and malls are the order of the day, as the city is often dubbed the “metropolis of fashion.”
But the fashion capital of Germany also has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, which is why tech startups and their founders have a presence there. In fact, it is one of Europe’s most popular tech hubs, and it also has the largest community of digital nomads in all of Germany.
Find your Niche
If you’re reading this, I assume you’re either running a business or you’re thinking about doing so. In that case, it goes without saying that you’ll need to find a way to market your business. Even if you’ve already done some marketing (and even if that was good marketing), you’re going to want to find a way to grow your business and gain more customers. As a business owner, you’re going to want to find the perfect mix of digital marketing, social media, and face-to-face marketing to grow your business.
You don’t want to get too obsessed with any one form of marketing, since doing so might give you the wrong impression of your business. Instead, take a balanced approach and try out different tactics to find what works best for you.
Diversify your income streams
What’s the point of having a business if you don’t make any money from it? Especially since a single, huge purchase can eat up all of your savings quickly. In that case, it’s time to look for other ways to make money from your business. There are lots of sources of income, such as:
- Sale of goods – you can set up shop as a merchant, and sell your handmade craft products, or design and sell your own clothes;
- Consulting – if you’re an expert in your field, you can consult for businesses and get paid for your advice;
- Freelance writing – if you’re a talented writer, you can put your skills to use and get paid for articles and blogs you create;
- Photography – with all of the advanced photo editing software available, being a skilled photographer is becoming less of a luxury and more of a requirement; and
- Virtual assisting – if you can perform certain tasks quickly and precisely, you can do so for businesses remotely, and get paid per task completed.
In addition to these options, you can start a blog and make money from affiliate marketing, or you can sell and display ads on your site (which will generate a small income).
Use your social media channels
Even if you don’t consider yourself an “internet person,” social media can still play a crucial role in your marketing plan. Since many businesses exist solely online, social media can be a useful tool in getting the word out about your business. And what’s more, many businesses have used social media to great effect, gaining millions of fans and followers around the world.
Running a business is a lot of work, but it’s also a lot of fun. If you want to make sure you’re making the right decisions and acting in alignment with your business goals, then make sure you have a written plan, and that you’re not making any important decisions without thinking them through first.