It is essential to build an email list when you are establishing an online presence regardless of the platform that you use. Having an email list means that you can send out periodic marketing emails to people who have opted in to receive them. These emails could contain tips on how to use your website better, interesting articles that you have found, or anything else that you believe would be of value to your audience. Having a steady flow of new content to send out to your contacts every month can keep your email list growing quickly.
This is especially important if you are using affiliate marketing to gain a passive income stream. If you want to be able to fund further expansion of your business, you need to be generating regular income. One of the simplest ways to do this is to let people know that you are an affiliate for a trusted affiliate network, and then earn a commission whenever they make a purchase after following your links. When you build an email list, you make it much easier for your to gain some passive income and eventually be able to quit your 9-5 job.
The Importance of Building An Email List
You should build an email list as part of your social media strategy. Having a steady stream of new content to distribute to your contacts is important for keeping them engaged and interested in your brand. It also means that you can consistently engage with your audience by sending out new material that they might find valuable.
You can use a tool like MailChimp to easily create and distribute your email lists. Not only will this tool make it easy to get the word out about your upcoming events and sales, but it will also make it much easier to engage with your audience. You can use the autoresponder feature to send out regular emails to people who have signed up for your mailing list.
Three Tips On How to Build An Email List
Here are some tips on how to build an email list for your SMU:
- Offer value. People appreciate being asked for their opinion and it shows that you value their input. Asking for suggestions on how to make your content better is a great way to gain more supporters. Even asking for people’s opinions about your affiliate program or your upcoming events can be valuable. When you ask for feedback, you are giving your audience the opportunity to feel like part of the team and you are allowing them to participate in your success.
- Establish trust. When you ask for feedback, people will be more likely to trust you because they know that you are being sincere. It is a great way to establish credibility and make people feel comfortable giving you advice or sharing your opinions.
- Be consistent. It is important that you establish and maintain a certain level of engagement with your audience. One way of doing this is by regularly sending out informative and helpful emails. People who sign up for your email list will expect to hear from you regularly and the regularity of your messages will make them feel like they are continuously valued by you. Keeping in touch demonstrates to your audience that you are a trustworthy source and that you are interested in maintaining and growing their business.
Why You Need To Build An Email List
You need to build an email list for many reasons. Here are just a few examples of why you might want to do this:
- To stay in touch with your audience and let them know that you are still thinking about them. There are many occasions where an entrepreneur or business owner might decide that they no longer want to communicate with certain groups of people because they felt that their input was no longer valued or needed. However, by keeping in touch with these groups of people through email, they reveal that they are still thinking about what they had to say and that they value their input still.
- You can use your email list to send out periodic special deals and promotions. People sign up for your email list so that they can hear about your upcoming deals and promotions. Having your own email list allows you to send out special offers and discounts to your audience and encourage them to come back for more.
- Your email list is essentially a tool for lead generation. When you use lead magnets like special offers, discounts, or coupons, you are able to capture the email addresses of potential customers. You can then use this list to send out periodic emails with valuable information about your products or services.
- You can use your email list to monitor the opinions and feedback of your customers. If you ask your audience for suggestions about how to make your site better, you can use their input to help you establish what topics you should cover in future content articles. You can also use this list to monitor the performance of your affiliate program and decide whether or not you should continue offering certain products or programs.
- Your email list can be used to disseminate important company announcements, job opportunities, and other relevant information. To keep your audience up-to-date on the happenings within your company, you can use your email list to send out important company announcements and notifications.
- Your email list can be used as a tool for customer service. If one of your customers has a question about an order that they have placed or a complaint about a product that they have tried and failed to use, you can have them notify you of their question or complaint through email. Having a way of responding directly to customers makes them feel as though you are genuinely interested in helping them and shows them that you can be trusted to help resolve their issue.
- You can use your email list to send out announcements about new products and developments within your industry. If you are the owner of an online store that imports and sells products from international brands, you can use your email list to send out notifications about new products that your industry has to offer. As well, if you are the owner of a coffee shop and want to invite bloggers and journalists in to try out some of your speciality drinks, you can use your email list to do so. The opportunities for reaching your audience are endless.
Basic Email List Building Email Marketing Fundamentals
So you’ve decided that you want to create an email list. Congratulations! Now you need to establish some basic email marketing fundamentals before you dive in and start building your email list. These are things like:
- Set a goal.
- Choose your platform.
- Find your audience.
- Decide what you’ll use your list for.
- Necessary components.
If you’re looking to build a successful email marketing campaign, then you need to take the time to understand each of these aspects. Setting a goal is important because you’ll need to know how you’re doing and whether or not you’re meeting the expectations of your audience. Once you’ve established a steady flow of new subscribers, you can set a goal to increase the quality and quantity of your communications. Before we get into the nitty-gritty, let’s discuss each of these points separately.
Set A Goal
Setting a goal is very important in terms of building a successful email marketing campaign. You should determine how you’ll measure the success of your campaign and track your progress. There are many ways in which you can set a goal. Here are a few examples:
If you’re in the business of selling products or services to other businesses or individuals, then you might want to consider setting a sales goal. You can use your email list to track the progress that you’re making as well as to determine whether or not you meet your sales target. Let’s say, for example, that you wanted to become the go-to source for vitamins and supplements on your industry’s major platform. You could set a goal of having 500 contacts on your list and then commit to sending out a newsletter every month with a special offer for the next three months. If you meet this goal, then great! If you don’t, then you’ll need to consider adjusting your strategy to meet your goals. For a more detailed explanation about how to set a sales goal, check out this blog post from Entrepreneur.com.