In the last few years, the Internet has become a valuable tool in our society. It has changed the way we do business, socialize, and stay informed. While the world wide web was once considered a luxury available only to a select few, the ability to access information online has now become a necessity.
It is predicted that by 2020 over 50% of the world’s population will be actively using the web. With so many people online, it’s a great opportunity for businesses to reach potential customers and keep them engaged.
Starting a business in the GCC (GCC standing for Gulf Cooperation Council) region is highly recommended, as it is one of the most convenient spots for doing business and investing. There are many lucrative opportunities in the GCC, as internet use and web-based businesses are at an all-time high. If you’re looking to establish yourself in the region, then consider pursuing an online marketing job as it’s highly likely that you’ll be able to find work whether you’re based in GCC or not.
Becoming An Online Marketer
If you’re interested in pursuing an online marketing career, the first thing you’ll need to do is determine what you want to specialize in. While there are many job opportunities in digital marketing, you’ll want to focus on one area in particular.
You could become an expert in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which is a type of marketing that helps your website or blog to appear at the top of search results for keywords or phrases that a user might enter into a search engine.
Then there’s PPC (Pay Per Click), which is paid marketing that involves paying for ads that appear when someone clicks on them. You’ll typically find these kinds of jobs in ad agencies or marketing firms.
Where Can I Work As An Online Marketer?
If you decide to specialize in SEO, then one of the first places you’ll want to work is Dubai, as it is the economic, as well as the cultural capital of the UAE (United Arab Emirates).
Dubai is a popular place for tourists, as well as business travelers, due to its luxurious lifestyle and world-class attractions. If you’ve been dreaming of a career in marketing, then Dubai is definitely the place to be. It also has a very high concentration of international businesses, which means there’s a lot of opportunity for experienced marketers.
Another city that frequently offers lucrative jobs to experienced marketers is Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. Riyadh is the place to be for immigrants from all over the world. The unemployment rate is relatively low, which makes it a great place to find a job.
There are a variety of places you can work in Oman, including the capital, Muscat. There are also lots of job opportunities in the smaller towns, as well. If you speak Arabic and English, then you can assume that there will be plenty of jobs available to you. Notable towns in Oman include Sohar, which is the site of the popular international tourist destination, the Sultan’s Islands. Muscat is also the headquarters of the Oman branch of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
Online Marketing Jobs In GCC
If you’ve decided that SEO is the area you want to specialize in, then you’ll want to take a look at the various job opportunities in the GCC. Here are some of the most lucrative opportunities in the region, according to Upwork.com.
Digital Marketing Manager
A digital marketing manager typically oversees the digital marketing strategy for a brand or business. This involves researching the digital demographics, determining the target audience, and creating marketing campaigns in various digital channels (such as email, social media, and web development).
The digital marketing manager plays a crucial role in shaping the digital strategy for a brand or business. Often, this involves using analytics to determine the success of past campaigns, as well as determining how future campaigns will perform.
The responsibilities of a digital marketing manager can vary from project to project, but typically involve the following tasks. At a minimum, you’ll be responsible for…
- Creating a strategy for digital marketing
- Determining the target audience for digital marketing campaigns, and creating personas that represent this audience
- Planning and setting up email marketing campaigns
- Planning and implementing social media strategy
- Developing and maintaining web content
- Optimizing web content for search engines
- Conducting A/B testing
- Measurement and analysis of campaigns to determine their effectiveness
- Presenting analysis of results to higher-ups
- Managing the budget for digital marketing
- Overseeing the SEO strategy
- Working with the IT department to set up analytics tools and systems
- Determining the performance of various marketing channels, such as email and web traffic
- Monitoring social channels for content
- Executing keyword searches and analyzing the results
- Tracking trending topics and hashtags to find content
- Creating promotional materials for events, such as email blast campaigns and social media posts
A marketing assistant assists a digital marketer with various tasks related to marketing. These include research, design, copywriting, and analytics. Typically, a marketing assistant will work closely with a senior marketer, and may be expected to perform many of the same duties.
The responsibilities of a marketing assistant can vary from project to project, but typically involve the following tasks. At a minimum, you’ll be responsible for…
- Conducting online research for marketing projects
- Designing marketing materials, such as websites and email campaigns
- Preparing presentations
- Handling admin tasks for a digital marketing manager, such as scheduling meetings and reviewing tasks
- Analyzing web traffic, including…
- Conducting keyword research for…
An SEO specialist is a marketer who specializes in search engine optimization, which helps a website or blog to appear at the top of search results for keywords or phrases that a user might enter into a search engine.
SEO is a form of marketing that can be extremely profitable. You’ll typically find jobs in SEO in…
- Large marketing agencies
- Real estate agencies
- Digital marketing managers
- Content strategists
- Content writers
- E-commerce companies
- Government agencies
- Law firms
- Media companies
A web developer builds the digital aspects of a website or app, including the look and feel, as well as the backend systems that make the website or app work. A web developer should have a specific set of skills, experience, and education. Some of the duties of a web developer include…
- Setting up online stores
- Customizing online stores
- Creating e-commerce platforms
- Setting up online databases
- Designing web pages
- Formatting and optimizing content for the web
- Conducting keyword searches, and analyzing the results
- Testing websites and apps for usability and performance
How Do I Get Hired For A Marketing Job In GCC?
If you’re looking to get hired for a marketing job in the region, then first, you’ll want to establish yourself as an expert in SEO. The next step, is to connect with agencies and businesses that are seeking marketing help. You can do this in a number of ways, including…