If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain experience and make money in the meantime, why not consider an online marketing internship in Austin?
At least 77% of Gen Z and millennials believe that learning by doing is the best way to learn, so it follows that nearly all of them would choose a digital marketing internship over a traditional one.
It’s much more convenient — you don’t have to leave home to learn about SEO, content strategy, and performance marketing. In fact, you can complete most of the requirements from just about anywhere.
What’s more, all of this can be done at a much faster pace with the help of digital marketing tools like Google Analytics and Hootsuite. Since you won’t be bogged down by a lot of useless historical data, you’ll have more time to focus on learning and putting in the extra effort required to make a significant contribution to the team.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the most essential things you need to know about online marketing internships in Austin.
The Importance Of SEO
According to HubSpot Blogs research, over 80% of digital marketers plan on increasing their focus on SEO (search engine optimization) in 2019.
In order to determine the relative importance of SEO, we examined the Google search volumes for relevant keywords from 2016 to 2018. To isolate the effect of SEO from other variables, we controlled for years, device, and time of day.
Here are the results:
- SEO is the most important factor increasing search volumes this year.
- The volume of searches increased by 43% in the last year alone.
- People are searching for answers to their questions more than ever before, which makes SEO even more important.
- The trends of SEO don’t seem to be going away anytime soon.
SEO isn’t going anywhere, so if you’re looking to gain experience in digital marketing, why not consider an SEO internship in Austin?
The Growth Of Online Marketplaces
While retail store owners have always had to contend with the threat of online marketplaces like Amazon, the growth of digitally-native startups has only strengthened the competition.
According to HubSpot Blogs research, over 90% of marketers see online marketplaces as a significant threat to their business.
To find the answer, we examined the search volumes for the terms “retail store”, “online marketplace”, and “brand loyalty” from 2016 to 2018. To isolate the effect of these marketplaces, we controlled for years, device, and time of day.
Here are the results:
- Brand loyalty is the most searched-for factor when shopping for clothing.
- Shopping for clothing online has become a significant trend, with 29% of searches conducted via mobile phones.
- The increase in people searching for clothing online can be attributed to the growth of online marketplaces (88% increase) and the fact that people are seeing greater value in online marketing (52% increase).
- The growth of online marketplaces and the increase in people valuing online marketing means that retailers have more opportunity to woo customers. And wooing customers means building trust and boosting sales.
The Rise Of Voice Search
It could be argued that the biggest game changer to emerge from the last few years is voice search.
According to HubSpot Blogs research, 79% of consumers have used voice search, with Gen Z leading the way (85% use it).
To determine the impact of voice search, we examined the Google search volumes for the terms “search engine”, “online marketing”, and “voice search” from 2016 to 2018. To control for the other factors, we used a regression analysis.
Here are the results:
- Voice search is increasing in popularity and has the potential to completely redefine the way we search.
- With every new generation, the search habits of the next generation are evolving.
- Just like SEO, voice search is here to stay.
- We’ll continue to see a rise in the use of voice search as more people use it every day.
If you’re looking for a significant impact on your resume, an SEO internship in Austin could put you on the right track. If nothing else, it’s worth the travel to see one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S.A.
The above are just a handful of the most essential things you need to know about online marketing in general and SEO in particular. In case you’re curious, here are the top takeaways from the data above.