You’re probably already aware of the power of the internet to connect people and businesses around the world. More people than ever before are discovering the benefits of digital marketing, also known as internet marketing, and are using it to reach their target audience.
It would be easy for a marketer to get overwhelmed by the myriad of tools and strategies available to them. Truth to be said, it is not easy to find the best fit tool for every situation. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and curated this detailed guide. Here you’ll find the best solutions to suit your needs. We hope this article will help you land on your feet and on your keyboard.
Best Email Marketing Software
Nowadays, email marketing is a essential element of any marketing plan. Whether you’re an established business or you’re just starting out, engaging with customers via email is a great way to build trust and convince them to buy from you.
As a marketer, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of email marketing and which tool is the best for each phase of the email marketing funnel. Let’s explore the different types of email marketing software available and which one is the best fit for your needs.
Single-User or Collaborative Apps
Whether you’re looking for a simple solution or a sophisticated tool, there’s a range of email marketing software to choose from. But what is the difference between these two types of apps?
A single-user app lets you manage all the email marketing activity from one place. This could be a good choice if you’re just getting started or if you don’t need the advanced features of a collaborative app. With a single-user app, you’ll typically need to create an account and make a purchase before you can start using the product. However, once you do, you’ll discover that it is very easy to send branded emails, build a database of subscribers, and track the performance of your campaigns.
A collaborative app, on the other hand, brings together different users in order to help them work more efficiently. This type of software merges the benefits of a group chat with the functionality of an email marketing tool. Collaborative emails allow you to send group campaigns that include several contacts and to monitor the progress of the email marketing task. Once again, the advantage of this approach is that it makes it much easier to segment your email lists and to send individualized messages to each person. You’ll need to set up a collaborative email with your contacts in order to start using the tool. However, unlike a single-user app, you won’t need to make a purchase to use a collaborative app. The benefit of this is that you can access the product immediately. Once you’ve created a collaborative email, you can share it with your contacts and start engaging with them through emails.
Features To Consider
When researching email marketing software, you’ll need to keep in mind a number of important features. Here are some to consider:
- Customer support – Before you buy any product, you should always contact the manufacturer or vendor for support. The same principle applies to email marketing software. If you’re not able to find answers to your questions on the platform’s website, then it’s probably best to go with another solution.
- Marketing API – Every product offers one or more APIs that allow outside applications to access information about the product. You can use marketing APIs to integrate third-party tools into your marketing automation platform. For example, if you use MailChimp as your email marketing tool, you can use their API to integrate their email marketing software into your own. If you choose this route, you’ll need to purchase a separate app to manage the email marketing activity. The advantage of this approach is that you can pull in and analyze data from various sources.
- Single or Multichannel Capabilities
- Data importing – Data importing capabilities are important for anyone who’s looking to integrate their existing database or CRM into their email marketing platform. Without them, you can’t begin to imagine building out a brand loyalty program or using email marketing to acquire new customers.
- Pricing – Always consider the cost of the product before you buy it. While some solutions have free trials, you’ll usually need to pay for the tool in order to use it. The good news is that most email marketing software has a freemium model, which means you can try it out for free but will need to pay for premium features if you want to continue using them.
- Reporting – Being able to track the performance of your email marketing campaigns and determine which one works best is essential. This is why every serious marketer uses some sort of reporting tool. The good news is that many email marketing software solutions offer detailed analytics that can help you pinpoint which campaigns are performing the best and which one should be canceled.
Which Type of Email Marketing Software Is Right for You?
As you probably already guessed, not all email marketing software is created equal. Each tool offers unique features and comes with different pricing structures and interfaces. To help you find the right fit, let’s examine the different types of email marketing software available and which one is right for you.
Web-based solutions, also known as cloud-based solutions, exist as both a standalone product and as part of a larger marketing automation platform. The advantage of a web-based solution is that it is completely online. This means you can access it anywhere whether you’re online or offline. Plus, you don’t need to install any software to use it. A web-based solution also means you don’t need to have a dedicated IT staff to maintain a system locally.
The disadvantage is that, without a strong internet connection, you’ll find it difficult to use web-based solutions. Another disadvantage is that without a strong marketing automation platform to integrate with, setting up automated email campaigns can be a tedious process.
SaaS (Software as a Service)
On the other hand, a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution provides a locally hosted software application that you can use to create and send emails. These types of apps aren’t just limited to email marketing – you can use them for everything from customer relationship management to content planning and email campaign creation. What makes a SaaS solution different from a web-based and a standalone app is that you don’t need to install any software to use it. You simply need to have an internet connection and a stable access point. (You’ll need the latter if you want to use the product’s data synchronization features – which we’ll discuss in a bit).
The advantage of a SaaS solution over a web-based one is that you don’t need to have a strong internet connection in order to use it. This makes it much easier to use when traveling or when outside of your office. The disadvantage is that without a strong marketing automation platform to integrate with, setting up automated email campaigns can still be a tedious process.
A SaaS solution, like MailChimp, allows you to create multiple campaigns and send them all at once. If you’re just getting started and don’t have the time to set up automated email campaigns, then this is the type of solution for you. MailChimp allows you to create and send branded emails and has a free plan that allows you to send up to 2,000 emails per month. Plus, you can use their import tool to quickly and easily get started.
Another popular and very versatile solution is HubSpot. This tool allows you to create and send emails as well as set up automated tasks, such as sales follow-ups, form fillers, and more. What makes HubSpot different from other SaaS solutions is that it was specifically designed to work with marketing automation platforms like HubSpot Marketing, Salesforce, and Adobe Campaign. This makes it much easier to get started – just pick a marketing automation platform that you’re already using and watch your email marketing efforts grow with the help of HubSpot.
One more thing about SaaS solutions: you don’t need an internet connection in order to use them. This makes them much easier to use when traveling or when outside of your office. The disadvantage of this approach is that you don’t have complete control over the software and its features – you’re dependent on the vendor for updates and support.
iOS or Android App – Your choice
If you’d like to have a mobile app that you can use to access your email marketing activity on the go, then you’ve two options: iOS or Android.
The advantage of an iOS app is that it allows you to build on top of the platform. This means you can use all the available resources and features of iOS. Plus, you can use various third-party apps and extensions to access all your data on the go.