Your email address may be the most valuable asset you have. Not only is it accessible to everyone, but it can also be used to subscribe to your blog, follow you on social media, and get the latest news from your email digest.
However, your email address may be empty, or contain spam, or both. In either case, you’re losing out on potential customers, sponsors, and revenue.
What if we told you there was a way to get paid for your email lists?
You may be wondering how you can make money off your email lists. The answer lies in marketing and sales, but before we get there, let’s discuss the current state of affairs.
The Current State Of Affairs
The short answer is you can’t. At least not directly. There are several ways you can make money off your email lists, but they all require you to first sell the list, and then engage with the customers who signed up for your email updates. In other words, you have to first do some marketing. Your options for monetizing an email list are:
Monetizing Off Page Activities
You can make money off your email lists by participating in online marketing activities that don’t require you to purchase anything. Some of the popular ways to make money off your list include:
- Selling and displaying affiliate products on your site
- Short-Listed Publishings
- Viral Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Creation for Online Publishers
- Video Production
- And Much More
The important takeaway from this list is you can make money online without having to sell your email lists. You just have to remember that when you do get paid, it will most likely come in the form of affiliate fees or a slice of a sale.
Monetizing Off Page Activities (Continued)
Depending on your audience, you might consider pursuing one of these monetization paths:
- Brand Affiliate Marketing: In this method, you earn commissions from companies that you promote on your site. For example, you can become a brand ambassador for Subway, and in return, you’ll receive revenue from any sale that you generate.
- Product Affiliate Marketing: In this method, you earn commissions from companies that you promote on your site about a particular product. For example, you can blog about the best protein powder for weight loss, and in return, you’ll generate revenue when someone clicks a link or buys a product that you recommend.
- Direct Sales: There are companies, such as Amazon, that will pay you to promote their products, and in return, you’ll receive a commission when you make a sale. However, you have to remember to first sign up for their affiliate program, and then promote their products on your site.
- Become A Brand Ambassador Or Affiliate Marketer For A Company: In this case, you need to first identify a brand that you’re passionate about, and then find ways to become an ambassador or affiliate marketer for that company. For example, you can blog about how to bake the perfect chocolate cake, and in return, you’ll earn revenue from any purchases that you make after you’ve linked your blog to a credit card.
- Sale Of Your Own Products On Your Blog: You can also ask visitors to your site to buy products that you’ve reviewed or recommended. When someone clicks a link or buys a product that you’ve reviewed, you’ll earn a commission.
- Create Your Own Online Store: If you’re the creative type, you can create your own online store, where you sell and display your own products. You can use Shopify, Amazon, or any other online store building platform to create your own shop. When someone buys a product from your store, you’ll earn a commission.
- And Much More : There are dozens of ways you can make money off your email lists. The important thing to remember is all of these methods require you to first get paid, and then, use your newly acquired funds to generate revenue.
The key to successfully monetizing your email lists is to find a way to make money off page activities. Ideally, you’ll want to pursue a combination of these methods to generate the most income. Whatever you do, just make sure you focus on building a steady stream of income, and don’t expect to just jump into a high-paying job. You’ll most likely need to build your income base, before you can start enjoying the benefits of a successful entrepreneur lifestyle.
How To Build A successful Mailing List:
To build a successful mailing list, you need to do four things:
1. Collect email addresses
The first thing you need to do to build a successful mailing list is to collect email addresses. This entails getting people to give you their email address, either by asking for it, or by using a tool like Crazy Egg, which automatically gathers email addresses from your blog. You can then export this list, and move on to Step 2.
2. Send out a quick email
The second thing you need to do to build a successful mailing list is to send out a quick email. The key to a quick and effective email is to keep it short. Try to get your point across in under 140 characters, otherwise, your readers may skip over your email, or delete it without reading it. Be sure to include a call-to-action at the end of your email, so that your readers know exactly what you’re asking of them. For example, you can try:
Hey There! Thank you for subscribing to my email list. Here’s a little something extra for you…
Or, you can use a tool like GetResponse, which will allow you to create emails with compelling subject lines, and a call-to-action that will make your subscribers excited to open your email.
3. Use a tool like AWeber, or MailChimp, to maintain your mailing list
Once you have your email list, you can use a tool like AWeber, or MailChimp to maintain your mailing list. These are email marketing tools, which will allow you to send out emails to your subscribers with no difficulties. The key point about these tools is they take the drudgery out of email marketing. If you’ve ever tried to create a basic email campaign using a tool like MailChimp, then you’ll know exactly what we mean. Creating an email campaign using Aweber is significantly easier, because all the boring stuff is taken care of. For example, with AWeber, you can easily create a list of all your subscribers. You can then use this list to create automated email campaigns, that will allow you to stay on top of your industry, and keep your subscribers engaged and interested.
4. Use a tool like Google Analytics, or Bitrix to track the results of your email marketing efforts
The last thing you need to do to build a successful mailing list is to use a tool like Google Analytics, or Bitrix, to track the results of your email marketing efforts. Google Analytics is free, and will allow you to track the results of all your online marketing efforts, including email marketing. Bitrix is a specialized tool, designed for companies that want to track the results of their online marketing efforts, and from what we’ve seen so far, it’s extremely effective. In fact, we’d recommend using Bitrix, instead of Google Analytics, if you’re looking for a full-fledged tool to help you optimize your email marketing efforts.
To recap, here are the four essential steps to building a successful mailing list:
Step 1: Collect email addresses
Step 2: Send out a quick email
Step 3: Use a tool like AWeber, or MailChimp to maintain your mailing list
Step 4: Use a tool like Google Analytics, or Bitrix to track the results of your email marketing efforts