If you are reading this, I assume you are either a) an online marketer, or b) someone who wants to become an online marketer.
In either case, you’re in the right place. Keep reading.
Why Should You Become An Online Marketer?
There are a variety of advantages to being an online marketer. Here are just a few:
- You get to create your own schedule. Working remotely is something that has exploded in popularity and provides you with the flexibility to work remotely during certain periods, or to have intermittent blocks of time where you work from home. Many marketers find that they work better when working remotely and don’t like commuting, especially in bad weather.
- You can operate your own business. There are countless opportunities to work remotely as an online marketer and the world is your oyster. Just remember to establish yourself as an expert in your field before you launch your own company.
- You get to be your own boss. Being self-employed is a great way to achieve financial freedom. If you want to create your own schedule and work remotely, you don’t have to take orders from anyone. You get to decide when you work and how you work.
- More and more people are shopping online. According to HubSpot Blogs research, 50% of American Express survey respondents said they’d rather shop online than in a physical store. So if you’re reading this, you’re probably someone who shops online, or will soon enough.
- Digital marketing is a flourishing sector. According to Forbes, the digital marketing space is worth about US$16 billion and is expected to grow to about US$26 billion by next year. That’s a lot of potential growth and opportunity.
- The field is getting more and more attention from top tier employers. LinkedIn’s 2017 Marketing Jobs report shows that although social media is where the jobs are, marketing jobs is now a sub-sector of digital marketing, with 73% of the jobs in the field requiring at least a bachelor’s degree. Having a solid foundation in marketing and communications will position you to succeed in this increasingly competitive field.
- Marketing is about getting paid to tell people about products they’ll hopefully enjoy or need. It’s one of the most satisfying and rewarding professions there is. There are also a variety of jobs related to marketing, from marketing researchers and analysts, to ad agencies and in-house marketing departments. In either case, being a marketer is a great way to make a positive impact on your life and the lives of others.
- One of the best things about being an online marketer is that you get to connect with other marketers and learn from their experiences. There are a variety of platforms and communities of online marketers who are always happy to help if you’re struggling with any aspect of your work. Plus, you can connect with potential customers and build credibility as an expert in your field.
How To Become An Online Marketer?
If you’re serious about becoming an online marketer, there are a few things you should do: