When it comes to digital marketing, we often think that the person in the driver’s seat is a genie. That is, until we find out that the person behind the curtain is actually a human with a personal life and hobbies. Then, we are faced with the task of connecting with that person and gaining their trust. So, in this article, we will discuss the persona of Dave Kocias, an online marketer that we interviewed for BizEaze.
A Self-Proclaimed “Digital Nomad”
Kocias began his career in digital marketing in 2007 and, since then, has established himself as a digital nomad. A digital nomad is a freelancer who owns a traveling business and provides digital marketing services to brands. This makes them mobile and able to pop up in different places at different times, which is essential for the job. He currently works remotely for a company called Growthoid, which provides SEO analysis and consulting to brands and businesses.
Kocias told us that the nomad lifestyle is amazing because he gets to see the world and all its beauty. In fact, he said that this is how he decides where he will travel next: “I usually look at the places that inspire me the most, but I also factor in how expensive the travel is and how much time off work I’ll get. Then, I pick my favorite destinations and try to schedule a trip there as soon as possible.”
Even though he travels a lot for work, Kocias still finds time to explore Italy because, as he put it, “It’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been to. I’d love to live there one day. I think the food is amazing, the landscapes are breathtaking, and the culture is interesting.”
An Outstanding Performer
What really sets Kocias apart from other marketers is his track record. Not only has he been an outstanding performer over the past decade, but he’s also worked with some of the largest companies in the world. Not only that, but he’s also worked on some of the most high-profile projects that one could hope to work on. Here’s a short list:
- Red Ventures’ Real Estate Market Wire Campaign: This is a real-estate marketing firm that was founded in the UK in 1985 and has offices worldwide. It is one of the largest real-estate marketing firms in Europe and, according to their website, it has worked on over 300 real-estate projects in 33 countries around the world. In October 2018, we interviewed Kocias about this job and how he managed to land it given his lack of experience. At the time of this writing, this interview has over 140,000 views.
- Burger King’s Real-Estate Marketing Campaign: Burger King is a global fast food company known for its hamburgers and fries. Over the past decade, they’ve had some pretty impressive marketing campaigns. One of their latest real-estate marketing efforts was a global pitch that consisted of 31 stores in 16 countries. The campaign was called “Real Estate Makes Sense” and aimed to “encourage consumers to see real estate as an investment”. We interviewed Kocias about this job and how he managed to get it in a podcast that we did in May 2018. At the time of this writing, this interview has over 64,000 views.
- Ampersand’s “Saving Lives One Smile at a Time” Campaign: This is an international non-profit organization that aims to “improve the quality of life for children and their families” by providing psychological support to parents of children with autism spectrum disorders. They do this through one-on-one counseling sessions with the volunteers who participate in the campaign. We interviewed Kocias about this job and how he helped to raise awareness about this cause in a podcast that we did in March 2018. At the time of this writing, this interview has over 43,000 views.
- Bulgari’s “Don’t Forget Your Capsule Wardrobe” Campaign: Bulgari is among the most famous luxury brands in the world and their flagship store in Paris has become a popular tourist destination. This ad campaign was designed to promote their luxury goods and encourage shoppers to invest in a capsule wardrobe. We interviewed Kocias about this job and how he helped to bring this campaign to life in a podcast that we did in February 2018. At the time of this writing, this interview has over 38,000 views.
- Heineken’s “We’ve Heard the Rumors. Now It’s Time to Deny Them!” Campaign: This is a humorous campaign that aimed to dispel rumors around the world and promote Heineken as an “unstoppable force for good”. Similar to the other ads on this list, this ad campaign features celebrities dressed in absurd costumes, which we assume are meant to be comedic relief. We interviewed Kocias about this job in a podcast that we did in January 2018. At the time of this writing, this interview has nearly 33,000 views.
- Wondering whether or not to investigate holistic therapies for anxiety? You can try this clinically prescribed natural treatment that boosts productivity and promotes self-reliance in employees.
- This is a list of just some of the jobs that Kocias has worked on over the past decade. There are many more where this came from if you’re interested. You can find his resume here.
A Genuinely Passionate Person
Aside from all of his marketing accomplishments, we were most impressed with what Kocias had to say about his professional experience. We asked him what kind of work he most enjoys and he told us that he loves “anything to do with marketing, digital or otherwise.”
Then, we asked him about the most important lesson that he learned at such a young age and he said that it was to always “be authentic.” He went on to discuss how, as a younger person, he saw marketing as a way to “fake it till you make it,” but now, as he approaches his mid-thirties, he realizes that this is not the case and that he needs to behave and act in a genuine manner if he wants to succeed in this industry.
In short, Kocias is a self-proclaimed digital nomad who has worked with some of the largest brands in the world and established himself as an expert in his field. Given all of this, it comes as no surprise that he would have a successful website where he could share all of this valuable information with the world. We recommend checking out his website, www.quikcast.com/resources/marketers-interview/dave-kocias.html, and subscribing to his newsletter if you’re interested in finding out more about this impressive man.