If you have a business and you are looking to expand your audience you need to consider using social media platforms. With the proper use of platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, you can gain a large following of people who may become your future customers. One of the best parts of these platforms is that you can use the same techniques to gain traction and grow your audience that you would use to market your physical products.
On this blog post we will discuss what is a Blokhus and how to use it in your online marketing.
What is a Blokhus?
A Blokhus (a portmanteau of “block” and “hood”) is a small town that can be found on the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard. It usually has around 1000 inhabitants and is often described as the “Goldilocks” of towns; not too big, not too small – just right.
The name “Blokhus” was given to the settlement by Norwegian polar explorer Fridtjof Nansen in the early 20th century. He thought the town would be suitable for exploring families because of its pleasant atmosphere and he wanted to give the town a heads up that he was coming.
Why Should You Use a Blokhus in Your Online Marketing?
A key part of any business, whether your product is physical or digital, is establishing and maintaining a good relationship with your customers. One of the best ways to do this is by regularly interacting with them on social media platforms. To attract potential customers to your business you must be able to capture their attention and keep it.
By using a Blokhus in your marketing campaign you are able to do just that. These platforms are the perfect vehicles for reaching your audience because of their algorithmically managed feeds and personalized content.
How to Use a Blokhus in Your Online Marketing Campaign
Let’s get into the nitty-gritty and talk about how to use a Blokhus in your online marketing campaign.
- Set the Scene – Make sure that you are set up correctly on the platform before you begin your content marketing campaign. This includes choosing a relevant and trustworthy username, picking a good password, and making sure that you have the necessary security measures in place (i.e. two-factor authentication).
- Content Timing – You have to strike a balance between too much and too little content when using social media platforms. Too much content and you’ll lose your audience, too little content and you’ll seem uninterested or even disinterested in your audience.
- Hashtags, Always – When using social media platforms it’s important to keep in mind the keywords people are likely to use when searching for content related to your niche. You should therefore include relevant keywords in your hashtags.
- Be Active – Consistent and frequent posting is important to keep your following engaged and interested in your content. When posting make sure that you are engaging with your followers by adding value and sharing relevant and interesting content.
- Be Unique – Every business is competing for attention on social media platforms so it is important to find ways to stand out from the crowd. The best way to do this is by being unique and interesting. Be careful not to become too personalized though, overuse of personal pronouns (i.e. I, me, my) and first names can make your content seem a little too much like advertising.
Once you have set up your account on a social media platform you can begin to engage with your audience. Make sure to post at least twice a day, if not more often. Consistent and frequent posting is important to keep your audience engaged and interested in your content.
How to Measure the Success of Your Online Marketing Campaign
Another important part of any marketing campaign is measuring its success. To make sure you are measuring the success of your campaign correctly you need to consider a few factors. This includes looking at the number of people who have actually seen and engaged with your content, and considering the context of those people (i.e. their demographic information). It is also important to set up automated rules to measure the success of your content (i.e. creating a Google Analytics account and using it to track the success of your social media campaign).
When looking at the number of people who have seen your content it’s important to keep in mind that not everyone who interacts with your content is a potential customer. Therefore, if you are looking to grow your email list or make sales from your content you need to consider the context of your audience. This includes looking at things like the gender, age and educational background of your audience.
Educational background is one of the best indicators of a person’s interests. If you want to get really specific you can look at their reading habits on Amazon (i.e. what books they have read and what kind of books they have enjoyed reading). This information can help you determine whether or not they are a buyer for your product or service. If you want to grow your email list or make sales from your content you need to consider the context of your audience. This includes looking at things like the gender, age and educational background of your audience.
Use a Blokhus in your online marketing campaign and you’ll be able to engage with your audience, attract potential customers to your site and grow your email list. Keep in mind the factors discussed above when using a Blokhus in your marketing campaign so that you can correctly measure its success. In addition to this, make sure to use a reputable source to help you pick a nickname.