The internet has created an environment where customers can research purchase options and read reviews before making a purchase. With so much information at their fingertips, customers have grown wary of being tricked or misled by scammers who pose as salespeople. Since customers are more likely to be suspicious of online Marketing, many businesses are shifting their focus to in-person marketing and sales.
However, even with in-person marketing, customers can still be fooled if the business doesn’t maintain a good reputation. As a result, businesses that utilize online marketing to grow their customer base and sell their products and services stand to gain a lot from these ten tips.
1. Build A Brand
When a consumer decides to purchase a product or service from an online Marketing business, they will first research the brand’s reputation and determine whether or not they feel like they can trust the brand. If your brand doesn’t exist yet, starting an online business is a great way to build a brand and gain trust with potential customers. As a result, you can start to build a long-term beneficial relationship with your future customers.
2. Measure The Results Of Your Online Marketing Efforts
As you grow your business and implement more marketing techniques, it is important to track the results of your efforts to see if they are helping you grow your business or if you are wasting your time and money. There are three primary metrics that you need to track to determine the success of your online marketing efforts:
- Website traffic (this includes both desktop and mobile visitors)
- Conversion rate (this is the total number of visitors that became subscribers, make a purchase, or filled out a form as a result of your marketing efforts divided by the total number of visitors)
- Sales growth (this is the total amount of revenue generated by your business as a result of your marketing efforts)
If you aren’t seeing results after three to six months of consistent effort, it may be time to reevaluate your strategy and find a new approach. If you are seeing results, however, then keep going and try to improve upon what you are doing.
2. Personal Branding Is The Key To Success In Online Marketing
When a customer decides to purchase a product or service from an online business, they will use the web to research the business’s reputation and determine how likely they are to be satisfied with the product or service. In general, customers are more likely to be satisfied with a business if they have a good personal experience with the brand or company.
If you want to grow your customer base and eventually make sales, you need to ensure that every aspect of your business’s web presence projects a positive image of your brand and encourages customers to interact with you. To achieve this, focus on implementing a marketing strategy that builds upon the following pillars:
- A clear, concise narrative
- Thematic links to other areas of the website
- Pro-active contact with customers (via email marketing, social media, etc)
- The ability to convert website traffic into paying customers
- Content that is both relevant and useful to the user
- An easy to use and navigate website
With these ten tips in mind, you are sure to see a boost in your business’s growth rate.