The world of online marketing is constantly changing, and current trends suggest that traditional ‘jobs for life’ are now obsolete. As a result, many individuals are forced to re-invent themselves and their careers as often as necessary. Among these brave souls are a growing number of digital nomads who are currently working remotely and making a living from the comfort of their laptops. If this sounds like you, then read on!
Why Should You Work For An Online Marketing Agency?
The opportunity to work remotely is one of the major draws of a career in online marketing, and it’s increasingly accessible to those looking for flexibility and adventure. While there are many reputable online marketing agencies out there, there are also a number of sharks circling the ecosystem, so be sure to do your research before committing. In this article, we will provide you with a solid foundation for choosing the right agency for your particular needs and goals. We hope that this guide will help you make the right choice and invest in a long-term career that provides you with stability and growth.
The Benefits Of Working For An Online Marketing Agency
Even before the pandemic, working remotely as an online marketer had numerous perks that made it appealing. Now that the world is shifting to a digital nomadism, the opportunities for remote work have increased exponentially. Here are some of the major benefits of working for an online marketing agency.
- Flexibility – If you love being able to follow your dreams and be your own master, then working remotely as an online marketer is a great option as you have the flexibility to work when and where you please. While you might have to put in some extra hours at first, eventually, you’ll be able to balance your work/life perfectly and have plenty of time to pursue your hobbies.
- Opportunity – One of the major draws of working remotely as an online marketer is the opportunity to work towards your potential. As you may know, the world is a crowded place and competition is high, especially for those looking to break into the field. Working remotely as an online marketer gives you the chance to show what you can do, and if you prove yourself, then you’ll have the opportunity to climb the ladder quickly.
- Instability – With increased instability in our society due to the pandemic, people are looking for ways to reduce stress and be more stable. As an employee of an online marketing agency, you’ll have the opportunity to travel and take on new challenges. Even if you don’t like change, you’ll eventually become accustomed to it and appreciate how much it helps you grow as a person and professionally.
- Independence – Even prior to the pandemic, freelancing and remote work were becoming more common due to the growing number of displaced workers. As more and more people are looking to reduce their dependence on one source of income, independent contractors like yourself can expect to see an increase in demand. Make sure to capitalize on this opportunity and take advantage of the growing trend.
- Competitive Pay – Even before the pandemic, competitive pay was becoming a common element in the remote work world. Since the introduction of online marketing agencies, the pay has only gotten better. According to PayScale, the median salary for a marketing manager at an agency is $105,000 per year, and it’s estimated that the pay can be as high as $140,000 per year for those working directly within the industry. If you’re looking to enter the field and don’t want to be underpaid, then consider applying for a job at an online marketing agency.
- Long-term Security – Due to the constantly changing nature of online marketing and constant shifting trends, it’s vital to understand that jobs in this field don’t always exist. However, as long as you continue to build and grow your network, then you’ll always have the opportunity to get job when and where you please. This is one of the major draws of working remotely as an online marketer. If you want to have long-term security, then consider a career in online marketing.
The Risks Of Working For An Online Marketing Agency
Even though there are numerous benefits to working for an online marketing agency, there are also risks that you need to be aware of. If you’re looking for a stable career and want to avoid risking your financial stability, then working remotely as an online marketer might not be the best for you. Here are some of the major risks you need to be aware of.
- High Turnover – According to the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), 66% of respondents have either resigned or been fired from jobs in the past year. With the constantly changing nature of the field, it’s no secret that jobs aren’t always secure. If you don’t want to be scrambling for work every six months, then working remotely as an online marketer might not be the best option for you. Make sure to research the various agencies and contractors in your area before making a decision. If you have financial stability and are looking for a long-term career, consider an agency position.
- Low Job Satisfaction – According to a 2018 YouGov BrandIndex survey, only 16% of Millennials would call themselves highly satisfied with their jobs. In the same survey, 13% of Gen Z and 5% of the overall adult population said they were satisfied with their jobs. If you’re looking to enter the field and are worried about the job satisfaction, then consider an agency position. However, if you want a stable career and don’t want to be constantly switching jobs, then freelancing might be a better option for you.
- No Growth Potential – Despite the fact that the field of online marketing is constantly evolving, those looking to make a career in the field usually assume there will be a certain ‘structure’ to the industry. However, as more and more individuals enter the field, it has become increasingly apparent that this is far from the truth. There is no defining structure for an agency, as projects can range from small to medium sized companies to huge corporations. While this provides you with endless opportunity, it also makes it difficult to grow and progress within the agency. If you want to make the most of your career, consider a freelance position.
- High Individual Responsibility – If you want to work for an agency, then you have to be willing to take on a great deal of responsibility. While freelancing provides you with certain freedom, it also means you’re on your own. If you don’t want to be responsible for the success or failure of your projects, then consider a position with an agency.
- No Benefits – One of the major draws of working for an agency is the opportunity to gain benefits. Even before the pandemic, remote work was popular due to the lack of offered benefits, and it still is one of the major draws. If you’re looking for an opportunity to save, then consider an agency position. However, if you want a stable career with health benefits, then consider a freelance position.
- Lower Pay – Even before the pandemic, the pay at an agency was often lower than what you’d find elsewhere. According to PayScale, the average salary for a marketing manager at a company is $105,000 per year, while the average salary for a marketing manager at an agency is $45,000 per year. If you’re looking for higher pay, then consider a freelance position.
- More Danger Of Being Scammed – Since the number of individuals looking for flexible work opportunities has increased, so has the opportunity for abuse. While there are many reputable agencies out there, there are also a number of sharks circling the ecosystem, so be sure to do your research before committing.
How Do I Start My Own Blog?
Blogging is one of the easier ways to make money online, and it doesn’t necessarily require a massive budget. You can start a blog in less than 30 minutes with the help of a tool like Bluehost, and you’ll be able to choose from a variety of free blogging platforms, like WordPress, to build your audience. From there, you can explore a number of monetization options, like affiliate marketing, displaying ads, and selling and displaying affiliate products.
Should I Start A Blog Or Amazon Store?
It’s a common misconception that you need to choose between blogging and Amazon FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) to monetize websites. While it’s true that the two can be mutually exclusive, they’re both effective ways of making money online. If you want to follow the advice of this famous blogger, then you can start a blog in less than 30 minutes with Bluehost, invest in a good camera, and use the platform to document your journey.
Alternatively, you can also use Amazon FBA to sell and ship your own products, and the fact that you can scale up/down your production as necessary using this platform means there’s a lot of flexibility.