When someone decides to build a custom home, there are a number of choices they need to make. One of the most important is selecting a marketing agency to help them sell their home. There are several options available to consumers, and it can be difficult to know which agency is the best for your needs. Let’s take a look at some of the facts about custom home marketing and whether or not choosing an online agency is right for you.
Traditional Agency vs. Online Agency
If you’ve decided to use an agency to promote your custom home, you have two options: traditional agency and online agency. A traditional agency is an agency that has been around for many years and that most people are familiar with. They will have a physical office with employees who will visit your home and interact with your guests. While this may seem like a good idea in theory, in practice it can be difficult to find the time to place an order and follow up with a client. Most traditional agencies specialize in home renovations and have a large network of contractors they work with. If you decide to go this route, make sure you work with someone who is a member of the Builders Association of the Greater Toronto Area (B.A.G.T.A.), as they can help you get the best price for your project. For more on this, check out this blog post by Jacy Reese from Houzz.
Which One Is Better?
When deciding which agency to work with, you need to consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options. Let’s take a look at the facts about online agency marketing and whether or not they are better than traditional agency marketing.
- Price: Most home renovation and construction agencies have an online booking system where consumers can make enquiries and get price quotes for their projects. While this may seem like a no-brainer, it can be difficult to work with an agency that doesn’t have a physical presence in your region.
- Flexibility: If you decide to work with an online agency, it is important that they have the flexibility to work remotely. If you’re working on a tight deadline or have another commitment, you don’t want to waste your time traveling to and from a physical office. If they don’t have a physical office, it means they can work remotely which, in turn, can mean they can offer more flexible hours and be available to take on more work. In the long term, this could mean more opportunities for you.
- Technology: In this day and age, almost everyone is connected to the internet. If you’re not, it can be difficult to get the best price for your project and ensure everything is delivered on time. An online agency that is well-versed in technology will know exactly how to work with subcontractors and suppliers who have remote access to provide materials on demand. This can save you both time and money if everything is done online instead of needing to meet with each person to get the job done.
- Time-saving: As mentioned above, if you decide to work with an online agency, you will be able to save a considerable amount of time compared to a traditional agency. Think about all the phone calls you’ve had to make, the hours spent on hold, and the time it takes to do follow-ups and paperwork. All that extra work can add up. Working with an online agency means you’ll have fewer interruptions and more time to focus on what’s important to you.
- Marketing and Communication: For a company to exist, they need customers who are aware of their product or service. To get the word out there, most agencies will use various forms of marketing and communication such as advertising, online campaigns, and social media. Working with an agency will help you get the most out of all these strategies and ensure they are implemented correctly.
- Branding: To stand out from the competition, all companies need to have a distinctive brand identity. An agency can help you strengthen your branding and ensure it is tied consistently to your company’s communications. For instance, if you decide to work with an architect who has designed multiple custom homes, you can be sure they will have something unique to offer you.
When to Work With a Traditional Agency
If you’ve decided to work with a traditional agency to promote your custom home, there are a number of things you need to consider. First, you need to ask yourself if you really need an agency at all. For a start-up company or solo entrepreneur, working with an agency may not be the best option. However, if you’ve been trying to sell your house for a while and need some help getting the most out of online marketing, working with an agency can be a good choice.
In most cases, you’ll need to work with a traditional agency if you’re dealing with multiple contractors and material suppliers who need to be coordinated throughout the process. Also, if you decide to go this route, make sure you work with someone who is a member of the Builders Association of the Greater Toronto Area (B.A.G.T.A.), as they can help you get the best price for your project.
The Bottom Line
When selecting a marketing agency to help you sell your custom home, there are a number of things you need to consider. One of the most important things to do is research the agency thoroughly. Do they have the necessary experience in house marketing and renovation for custom homes? How long has the agency been in business? How much will the service cost? These are just some of the questions you need to ask before making a decision. As you may imagine, there are several choices available to you when it comes to online marketing, and it may be difficult to know which agency is best suited for your needs. Hopefully, this article will help you find the answers you’re looking for and make the right decision for your unique situation.