If you’re looking for ways to make extra cash, why not consider trading commercial real estate online? There’s a whole industry devoted to matching buyers with sellers, and all you have to do to get started is identify a property you’d like to buy or sell, decide how much you’re willing to pay or accept for it, and then set your commission rate. You’ll then be presented with a variety of properties that match what you’re looking for. From there, you can reach out and connect with the property owner to schedule a phone call to discuss the terms of the offer.
If you’re looking to buy commercial real estate for investment purposes, consider all the benefits that come with purchasing a property that is already built and occupied. You’ll have someone else to take care of the maintenance and upkeep, which frees up your time to focus on growing your business. Plus, you’ll have a steady revenue stream coming in each month. And if you decide to sell, you can find a ready buyer and close the transaction quickly and easily.
So, as you can see, there are plenty of perks to buying a commercial real estate online.
Why Do You Want To Trade Commmercial Real Estate Online?
As previously mentioned, purchasing a pre-built and occupied commercial property is a great option for investors looking to get in on the ground floor of some real estate prowess. And if you’re looking to create your own real estate investment portfolio, you can start small by investing in a single property and then grow your investment portfolio over time through additional properties that you purchase. You may even decide to become a landlord and take on a multi-unit project.
Another reason to buy commercial real estate online is to create a passive income stream. Whether you’re looking to supplement your income or you want to see how else you can increase your bottom line, buying and selling commercial real estate online can provide the flexibility to generate profits without being overly involved in the day-to-day operations of the business. Simply put, if you’re looking to create passive income, this is a great way to go about it.
The Pros And Cons Of Doing Business Online With Commercial Real Estate
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of doing business online with commercial real estate.
- Pro: You have the freedom to work remotely
- Con: You have no face-to-face interaction with customers. So, if you want to maximize your sales, you’ll have to be in the office regularly
- Pro: You can do business with any country or legal entity. So, there’s no geographical restrictions when doing business online
- Pro: You can conduct business globally, which means your client base is worldwide. So, no matter where you are, you’ll have access to a global market
- Pro: There is an abundance of information and resources available online. So, if you’ve never done business online before and are unsure of what tools or resources you may need, this is the perfect place to start. Additionally, online platforms like XING provide SEO and CRM features which makes them invaluable resources for any business owner or broker active in the market.
If you’re looking to do business online and don’t have the time to physically visit clients, setting up an online platform is the way to go. Even if you do want to see face-to-face interactions, you can always use video conferencing tools like Zoom or Skype to have remote client meetings.
Now, the con side:
- Con: You have no physical presence. So, you’ll need to get accustomed to taking orders and making sales over the phone or online. In some cases, you may not even need to visit the property at all. So, you may miss out on first-hand knowledge of the property’s functionality and quirks. You’ll instead have to rely on photos and videos uploaded by other people who have already evaluated the space and know its value.
- Con: You need a lot of marketing. Just because you have a website and you’re registering with Google doesn’t mean customers will discover you. You’ll need to spend a lot of money on ads, and even then, you may not always attract the right audience. And, if you run an ad campaign and don’t see the results you’re looking for, it can be costly to rerun the same campaign.
- Con: You need an abundance of patience. Just because you have some money tied up in an investment doesn’t mean you’ll make money quickly. It can take some time to find a good, quality property that suits your needs, and then, once you do, you’ll need to sell it at a favorable price. And, even then, you may not always make a profit. That’s what makes this type of investment less attractive to beginners. It requires a lot of trial and error to figure out what works and what doesn’t when investing in commercial real estate.
- Con: Your investment is at risk. Even if you use a reputable agency to handle your transactions, there is always the chance that something could go wrong. The agency might not be able to deliver on their promises, or the property could deteriorate in value before you can sell it. Any of which could lead to you losing some of your investment.
- Con: It’s hard to get started. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get a loan for commercial real estate, and then, once you do, the process of finding and closing on a property can take a lot of time. Especially if you want to do it without an agent. You’ll have to handle all the legal aspects of the transaction yourself. Which can be a daunting task for first-time investors, and, at the end of it all, you’ll need an accountant to go through your books and make sure you’ve followed all the proper procedures. Not to mention all the paperwork that comes with getting a business license and registering with the IRS as a corporation. All of which can be time-consuming and costly. Especially if you want to do it on a part-time basis. Or, if you want to take some time off work to focus on growing your business.
So, when considering all the pros and the con’s of investing in commercial real estate, it’s clear that this is a niche that isn’t for everyone. But, if you’re looking to create a passive income stream and aren’t concerned about doing business face-to-face, then buying and selling commercial real estate online can be a profitable venture.