Do you need an expert to help you launch your online store? Do you have an online store but don’t know how to market it? Are you interested in creating a brand strategy but don’t know where to begin? If so, then it’s time to contact an online marketing company in New York City.
There are many New York City based companies that can help you build, shape, and grow your brand. In this article, we will discuss 6 ways to find the best fit marketing company for your needs. We’ll cover everything from budget to responsibilities so you can rest assured that you are making the right choice for your business.
Budget is always a consideration when choosing a marketing company. You don’t want to throw away a considerable amount of money on ads that don’t work out well. It’s important to factor this into your decision making process when choosing which New York City firm to partner with. The main marketing channels that a company might charge you for are:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC)
- Display advertising
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Email marketing
- Landing page creation
- Content strategy
- Content creation
- Performance marketing
Each of these channels has a range of cost-per-action (CPA) pricing structures available, so it’s important to do some research into this. For example, does the company charge a flat fee monthly regardless of the number of clients or does it have a fixed price structure based on the number of “impressions” (the amount of times your ad is displayed)?
Another critical decision you need to make when choosing a marketing company is what are the responsibilities that you need them to fulfill. A good digital marketing agency will have the following responsibilities:
- Creating a digital marketing strategy
- Designing and implementing ads/online marketing campaigns
- Researching and analyzing the performance of previous campaigns
- Pro-actively seeking out new opportunities to grow your business (and theirs!)
- Updating you on the latest digital marketing trends and technologies
- Tracking website metrics and analyzing results (e.g., traffic, leads, and sales)
- Maintaining existing social media accounts and engaging with your audience
- Identifying and targeting new areas of growth
- Meeting deadlines and responding to changing requirements
- Giving you ongoing support and assistance with any issues that may arise
- Updating your content on a regular basis
- Keeping track of all of your orders and deliveries
- Producing excellent quality ads and content
- Designing and setting up email marketing campaigns
- Analyzing the performance of online marketing campaigns and identifying the most effective ones
- Optimizing internal processes to increase productivity
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest social media trends and technologies
- Continuously improving their services and offering to help you grow your business
- Generating revenue by promoting affiliate products and services
A good agency also has the flexibility to take on freelance projects that get in the way of their main responsibilities. Having a team of in-house designers, copywriters, and videographers means they can get the work done quickly and with the highest quality when they do have time to devote to your project. Freelancers can help with everything from making SEO-friendly tweaks to existing copy to taking on full-blown online stores.
Make sure to find out what kind of experience the company has in dealing with other businesses, especially small businesses, as well as what kinds of customers they usually work with. You don’t want to choose a company that specializes in big brands and doesn’t have much experience with small businesses, or vice versa. By researching the level of experience the company has in marketing to small businesses, you can get an idea of what you’re getting into. You don’t want to choose a company that doesn’t have much experience in working with small businesses because then you’re likely to run into problems when it comes time to implement the strategy.
If your business is based in New York City, then you want to make sure that the marketing company you choose is based nearby. It’s easy for executives at larger businesses to fly in for quick meetings or to take a phone call from a vendor far away. For quick and easy access to the agencies closest to you, consider the location of their headquarters.
- If they are based in Midtown Manhattan, then that’s probably close enough for you
- If they are based in Brooklyn, that’s probably still close enough for you
- If they are based in the Bronx, that’s probably still close enough for you
- If they are based in Queens, that’s probably still close enough for you.
If you don’t live in New York City, but want to do business there, consider whether or not you want your vendor to be located there as well. There’s a big difference between being close and being in the same city. For instance, one of the best digital marketing agencies in New York City is Blue Corona — and they’re based in Brooklyn.
Quality Of Products Or Services
How good is the quality of the products or services that the company provides? You want to choose a company that provides high-quality products and services, otherwise, you’re not going to be able to enjoy the full benefits from your marketing efforts. It’s always a good idea to get references and look into the quality of the product or service that they provide. If there are any client testimonials available, read them carefully too. You want to find a vendor that is known for delivering quality work.
Experience In The Industry
How much experience does the company have in the industry? You want to choose a company that has a lot of experience in marketing, especially online marketing because that’s how you want to spend the bulk of your time and effort. The more experience they have, the more you can expect to learn from them. It’s always a good idea to ask for references and look into their experience in the industry. You want to find a team whose members have a wealth of experience in their niche. Asking for references and checking out their portfolio is always a good idea and it’s free. It gives you an idea of what you’re getting into.
A good agency worth your time and effort will be able to provide you with references and testimonials from previous customers. If they can’t provide these, it might be a sign that they aren’t very experienced or that they’re not the best fit for your business. Look for an agency that has a proven track record of helping businesses just like yours grow their businesses online. It’s always a good idea to partner with someone who has extensive knowledge in your industry. Just because they happen to be experts in digital marketing doesn’t mean that you have to deal with digital marketing issues exclusively. If you need help with sales or getting your product into stores, they’ll be able to provide you with valuable guidance.
It’s essential to find a company that not only has extensive knowledge and experience in your industry but that also has the necessary skills and resources to back up such expertise. If you aren’t familiar with SEO, PPC, or social media, they’ll be able to give you complete training on these topics. They should also have the necessary software to design and set up automated campaigns as well as tools to track the results of these campaigns. When you’re looking for a company that can help you with your marketing strategy, make sure to consider their experience in various industries as well as their expertise in the fields mentioned above. If they don’t have enough experience in your industry, it might be a good idea to choose someone who does.
Once you’ve found a reputable, experienced agency that you feel confident will provide you with value, it’s time to move on to the fun part — strategizing!