In the age of the internet, it is more important than ever to ensure that your business reaches as many people as possible. With the majority of people now researching products and services before buying, the importance of branding and getting your name out there is greater than ever.
With this in mind, you might be wondering how you can market your products online? Although the answer is quite simple, many businesses fail to fully understand what makes up a successful digital marketing campaign.
To help, we have compiled a list of seven key components that will help you form a successful digital marketing strategy.
1. Web Domain Name
The web domain name is the address (or url) of your website. When a potential customer types in your web domain name (e.g., bmwboost.com) into their web browser, they will be directed to your website.
You can secure a.com,.net, or.org domain name for your website for free through these providers:
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
The best domain name for your product or service will be extremely relevant to your target audience. For example, if your product is designed to assist people in losing weight, you might want to consider losewt.com, minimalism.com, or cleaneating.com. Alternatively, if your product is aimed at people who enjoy cooking, you could choose cooking.com or bakemonsters.com.
If you’re looking for a more general audience, you might want to consider homeschool.com or gamedaywears.com. You could also try parentsneed.com if your product is aimed at parents of young children.
Domain names that are brandable and easy to spell help to establish your online business as an authoritative source on your niche matter. If you are able to secure a.com domain name with your marketing target in mind, it will greatly enhance your chances of success.
2. Website Hosting
The website hosting is the platform (also known as software or service) that you will use to create and maintain your website. In addition to being an essential part of your website, hosting is also required to prove that you are the owner of the domain name that you have registered.
Even though your site is still in its infancy, you should already have a clear idea of what hosting you will need to pursue success. Typically, smaller businesses will want to use shared hosting, whereas larger organizations will want to use a VPS (virtual private server).
- Shared hosting: With this type of hosting, all websites on the server are treated equally and all suffer from traffic congestion. Since this type of hosting is especially suitable for beginning websites with modest traffic, it is highly recommended for individuals or small businesses seeking to build a presence on the internet.
- VPS (virtual private server): With a VPS, all websites on the server are isolated from each other and suffer from reduced traffic congestion. This type of hosting allows you to easily scale your website and accommodate a much larger audience.
Choose the hosting that you will need based on your experience and the amount of traffic that you will receive. For instance, if you are just starting out, you might want to consider shared hosting to save money. But, if you are seeking to establish a substantial audience, you should consider paying for a VPS.
3. Domain Privacy
Domain privacy is the ability to block unwanted or unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal domain information. Depending on your needs and how much you care about security, you might want to consider purchasing a premium, secure domain registration to ensure that your personal and financial information is kept private.
- If you want to keep your personal information private, it is advisable to register a premium domain name
- If you are seeking to conduct business online and do not want to share your personal information with anyone
- If you want to keep your personal information private and do not want to share your financial information with anyone
- If you want to keep your personal information private and do not want to share your physical address with anyone
- If you want to keep your personal information private and do not want to disclose your phone number or email address to anyone
Additionally, you might want to look at what third-party services are available for purchase to keep your personal information private. For example, you could purchase Looker, which provides you with 1-click verification so that you do not have to enter your personal information multiple times when registering new domains.
4. Marketing Automation
Marketing automation is the use of software, platforms, and services to perform the routine tasks of marketing, so you can focus on what’s important to you. The most basic form of marketing automation is email marketing, which can be easily set up and tweaked to suit your needs. With the right software, you can perform the following tasks:
- Send automated email messages
- Manage customer lists
- Build marketing lists
- Send bulk emails
- Tag individual messages with keywords
- Automatically follow up with customers
- Create marketing and sales pages from basic html
- Analyze conversion rates and tune elements of your site to improve performance
- Set up email campaigns
- Automatically process orders and follow up with customers
- And much more…
There are several email marketing platforms to choose from, such as Aweber, MailChimp, and Marketmail. Each of these provides a free plan, and you should be able to find a suitable solution for your needs. If you are looking for a one-stop shop for all your email marketing requirements, consider Marketmail.