There is a common saying that ‘you can’t learn anything without first experiencing it yourself’. While it’s never a bad idea to learn from others, sometimes you need an opportunity to see and feel what you’re learning first hand. That’s why we’ve collected these three ways to learn marketing without the stress of a full-time job:
Start A Blog
Blogs are a fantastic way to learn about anything. Whether you’re a techie, an artist, or a marketer, you can find a niche in which you can become an expert. If you’ve got a natural talent for writing, then you can take advantage of that fact and begin to build a following. The best part is that you can do this from the comfort of your laptop or even your phone!
If you’re looking to get into marketing, then the first thing you should do is to start a blog. You don’t need a massive following to be effective; in fact, a few passionate fans can make all the difference. Once you’ve got that, you can take advantage of your blog to write and publish content on a regular basis. This will drive traffic to your website and give you the opportunity to attract sponsorships, side gigs, and even full-time positions.
Why should you learn marketing through blogging? Consider these benefits:
- It’s flexible — you can do it anywhere and whenever you have time.
- You can build a reputation quickly as an expert in your field.
- It’s highly achievable — anyone can start a blog and begin publishing content on a regular basis.
- It’s a great way to learn on the go — as you work through your content, you can constantly refer back to what you’ve already written and published.
- It’s a great way to network — by creating and contributing to blogs for other companies and brands, you’ll have the opportunity to connect and collaborate with influential people in your industry.
Get A Side Gig
Having a side gig is fantastic because it gives you the opportunity to learn on the job while earning money. If you’ve got a specific skill or talent, such as editing, photographing, animating, or drawing, then you can get a job offer to work on interesting projects as a freelancer. Some of the best freelance editors in the industry make a full-time living solely from editing blogs and marketing material for other businesses.
This is also a great way to learn about the industry as a whole. While you gain experience by working on side gigs, the added benefit is that you can learn from the experts in your niche. When you’re freelancing, you get to ask questions and seek input from professionals in your field. This can help you grow as a professional or even help you find your calling in life.
Why should you learn marketing through freelancing? Consider these benefits:
- You can build your reputation — as an independent contractor, you can publish work that shows your skills and experience. This will help you secure more jobs in the future.
- You can work remotely — if you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, then working remotely as a freelancer is the perfect opportunity. You’ll be able to do your job from the comfort of your home or office.
- You can work when and how you want — as a freelancer, you’ll be able to set your own working hours and take breaks when you need them. If you’re looking for flexibility, then this is the perfect job for you.
- You can work remotely with reputable companies — Many companies will allow remote employees to work from home – meaning you don’t have to be in an office setting to do your job. If you’re looking for a way to make your side gig work for you, then this is the perfect opportunity.
Take A Class
Another great way to learn is through education. There are plenty of classes you can take at school or online to enhance your knowledge in a certain area. For example, if you’ve got a passion for writing and storytelling, then you can take a look at the various writing courses available. If you’re looking to become a marketing strategist, then you can take a look at the various marketing classes available. There are also several certification courses you can take to achieve this.
Why should you learn marketing through education? Consider these benefits:
- You can take the class at whatever pace works for you.
- You can learn in a group setting — with other students in your class, you can ask questions and get help with your studies as you go.
- You can study online from the comfort of your home — there are plenty of reputable companies which offer great courses and flexible schedules which allow you to study when it’s most convenient for you.
- You can build a community — with your studies, you can contribute to a blog or social media account to document your learning and share your insights with the community.
- You can look for jobs locally — if you’re lucky enough to live in a major city, then there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get local. You can search for marketing jobs in your area to find work-related opportunities.
Of course, the choice is completely up to you. There are several ways to learn and gain experience, and it’s a good idea to learn about as many as possible. You can start a blog, get a side gig, or even take a class to learn more. Just make sure you focus on what you want to learn and how you want to learn rather than what you think you might be able to get out of it. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident enough to pursue your passion and callings, and in doing so, you will grow as an individual and a professional. Good luck out there!