When you’re starting your own business or career in online marketing, there are a lot of concepts and principles to learn. Whether you’re just getting started or looking to take your knowledge and expertise to the next level, this course is for you.
Why Online Marketing?
The world has changed. The way we buy and sell goods has shifted to the online sphere, so has the way businesses operate. If you’re looking for a distinct niche in which to trade, consider online marketing.
The demand for online marketing courses and certificates has surged in the past two years. The job prospects are good, and the demand for talent is predicted to rise by 18% year from 2020 to 2025.
If you have a genuine love for marketing and are passionate about providing helpful advice and guidance to other marketers, then this is the course for you.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to:
- Set up your own digital marketing agency;
- Convert a website into a digital marketing agency;
- Design a brand strategy to grow a business;
- Plan and implement digital marketing campaigns, including PPC (Pay Per Click);
- Understand marketing analytics and the role of measurements in digital marketing; and
- Manage social media accounts for business.
What Does This Course Offer?
This course is designed for beginners who are interested in digital marketing. Whether you’re an experienced marketer or brand strategist looking to take your next step, or even if you just have a genuine interest in online marketing and would like to know more, this course will help you get started.
You’ll start by setting up your own digital marketing agency. From there, you’ll learn how to design and implement marketing campaigns, create content, and analyse traffic to determine the success of your campaigns, and improve your work flow.
What makes this course unique is that you’ll not only be learning the theory but also getting the opportunity to practice while following the course. At the end of each chapter, you’ll have a take-home assignment that you can work on.
The following outline is a general guide to the courses content. It is not definitive and is intended to give you an overview of what you’ll learn in the course. For full details, refer to the course syllabus:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing (1-5 weeks) – An overview of the field including introduction to marketing analytics, theory of marketing, and the difference between marketing and advertising.
- Marketing & Advertising (6-10 weeks) – An in-depth look at marketing including marketing analytics, marketing research, and ethical practices in marketing.
- Marketing Management (11-15 weeks) – An introduction to strategic marketing management including marketing planning, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Digital Marketing Campaigns (16-20 weeks) – This module will teach you how to plan and implement a digital marketing campaign, from concept to measurement and evaluation.
- Analytics & Measuring Success (21-25 weeks) – This module will teach you how to set up and use marketing analytics, leading you to be able to measure the success of your campaign and improve future activity.
- Social Media & Managing Accounts (26-30 weeks) – Social media marketing is one of the most significant areas of digital marketing, and this module will teach you how to become an effective marketer of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Content (31-35 weeks) – Creating and publishing content is one of the primary roles of a marketer, this module will teach you the theory and principles of content creation including journalism, copywriting, and graphic design.
- Campaign Tracking & Measurement (36-40 weeks) – This module will teach you how to track the progress of a marketing campaign and analyze the results of your activity including A/B testing, conversion tracking, and analytics.
Who is this Course for?
The course is designed for beginners who are interested in digital marketing. Whether you’re an experienced marketer or brand strategist looking to take your next step, or even if you just have a genuine interest in online marketing and would like to know more, this course will help you get started.
What Are the Student Learning Objectives?