It seems like every day there’s a new way to market products and services online. New platforms like display advertising, social media, and videos are all tools in your online marketing toolbox. But how do you know which ones to use and how to use them effectively? That’s what this article is going to help you understand. We’ll cover the various online marketing platforms and how to leverage each one effectively.
As you may know, display advertising is when you display ads on a website or blog. These are the ads you see on the side or at the top of a page when you visit a website. In the past, display ads were often text-based, but today they can be much more exciting. You can have ads that follow you around the web, play videos, or display rich-content such as images or graphs that are generated based on your website’s content.
If you’re just getting started (or if you’re looking for a way to improve the performance of your current display advertising campaigns), the first thing you should do is analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your current display advertising platform. This way you’ll know what changes you need to make to improve your performance. Some questions to ask include:
- Where do I currently stand in terms of performance?
- How can I improve my click-through rate (CTR)?
- How can I grow my display advertising budget?
- What changes can I make to reduce the amount of money I spend on advertising?
- How is my click-through rate on display advertising compared to my overall click-through rate?
- How is my conversion rate on display advertising compared to my overall conversion rate?
- Does my display advertising account generate revenue?
- How does my display advertising account perform compared to other advertising channels (such as search or social media ads)?
- Are there any new tools or strategies I should try out?
If you’re looking for an even more simplified approach to marketing, you might want to try out pay-per-click advertising. With this type of advertising, you only pay when someone clicks on an ad or buys a product that’s featured in a commercial. The downside is that it can be a little more expensive compared to traditional display advertising. However, if you’re looking to simply get the word out there about your product or service, this is a great option. It’s also a lot cheaper than paying for costly ads on a regular basis.
Social Media Advertising
Did you know that you can use social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to advertise your products? You can put out amazing content that will engage your audience and encourage them to share your content through social platforms. In return, you can gain free advertising on their platforms. This is a great way to engage customers, create awareness, and drive sales.
To get started, create a simple landing page that showcases your product or service. Then, begin sharing content that’s relevant to your target audience. You can use free tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to help you find relevant content to share on your social platforms. Additionally, you can use social media platforms to distribute content that’s relevant to your target audience. For example, if you sell baby clothes, you can use Baby GAP to share content on your behalf to their 9.9 million monthly active users. This is a free tool that integrates with various social media platforms, allowing you to post and schedule content in one place. Baby GAP also tracks the content that gets the most engagement from users so you can measure the strength of each content campaign you run.
If you want to go the extra mile and really grow your business organically, you might want to try out content marketing. This is when you create unique and value-packed content to attract, inspire, and engage customers. Consider doing these things:
- Create blogs that cover helpful tips or information for your target audience.
- Use videos to explain complex concepts in a simple and concise manner.
- Use infographics to make complex information easy to understand.
- Turn your hobbies and interests into money-making blogs.
- Include testimonials from real customers to showcase the value of your product.
- Create webinars to educate your target audience about how your product or service can help them.
- Run social media contests and promotions to gain new followers and engage existing ones.
- Create freebies (such as a how-to-guide or eBook) to attract potential customers.
- And the list goes on
Did you know that you can use email marketing to promote your products and services? You can send out targeted emails to your existing customer base to encourage them to buy your products or engage with your service. Consider doing these things:
- Set up autoresponders to quickly and politely respond to any inquiries.
- Create email templates that you can use time and time again.
- Measure the success of your email marketing campaigns using tracking links or cookies.
- If you’re really looking to push the envelope, you can try out a program like Mailchimp that allows you to send out targeted emails to up to a million contacts
- The list goes on
Once you’ve determined which type of online marketing strategy will work best for your business, you can begin to implement and track its success. A/B testing is a great way to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns and adjust your strategy accordingly. It’s also important to find which channels work best for your target audience so you can repeat them to generate more leads and sales.