Google My Business is one of the free online marketing tools offered by Google. It allows business owners to create their own small online stores where they can promote and sell their products. The platform offers a variety of features, including a shopping cart, product listings, and a map.
Similar to other free online marketing tools, Google My Business is an easy way to get started with no complex design or set up requirements. Once set up, business owners can use the platform to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors.
Why Should You Try Google My Business?
Since its launch, Google My Business has attracted a significant number of users interested in e-commerce, online stores, and purchasing products online. The statistics below highlight the popularity of the platform:
- 2.2 million businesses use Google My Business to grow their online stores
- 500,000 businesses use the platform to promote their products
- 300+ brands use the platform to market their products
- 140+ countries use Google My Business to market their products
- 75+ localities use the platform to gain market share
- 26% of the total audience is located in the United States
If you’re looking to start a business or want to improve your current one, you should consider Google My Business.
Key Facts About Google My Business
Here are some of the important facts about Google My Business.
- The platform is free and open source
- Google owns the trademark for ‘Google My Business’
- Businesses can use the platform to promote and sell their products online
- Anyone can join the Google Affiliate Program and earn commission from product sales
- Google offers a basic version of Google My Business and a professional version with additional features
- The basic version requires no maintenance
- The professional version costs $5 per month plus $5 per every new store added
- The free version cannot be used to accept payments or to provide delivery services
Since its launch in 2016, Google My Business has been used by businesses worldwide, especially those in the e-commerce and online store industries.
How Does Google My Business Work?
The Basics of Google My Business.
Google My Business is a free online marketing tool designed by Google that allows businesses to create an online store. Once set up, businesses can use the platform to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors by placing their products and pricing online for all to see. Additionally, since the platform is search engine optimized, online store visitors can click through to the businesses’ sites to make purchases.
With Google My Business, businesses do not need a website. They can simply log in to their Google account and access their store from any platform or device. If they want to update the store with new products or change the design, they can do so easily from their phone.
Product Listing And Shopping Cart Features
In order to allow businesses to easily and quickly set up an online store, Google My Business offers a variety of free tools to help with the process. The platform has a product listing component that allows businesses to enter their products and pricing information online for all to see. This makes it much easier for potential customers to find and discover the products offered.
The other feature that makes Google My Business indispensable for online store owners is the shopping cart. The ‘add to cart’ button is integrated into the business profiles, and once clicked, a shopping cart will appear which can be used to purchase the product online. Since the platform facilitates online shopping, the cart serves as a digital wrapper that businesses can use to send potential customers to their stores.
Market Analysis And Competition
Since the platform is entirely free and open source, businesses have the opportunity to access a variety of tools that can be used to their advantage. In order to determine the popularity of Google My Business among businesses, the platform offers analytic tools that can be used to track competitors, analyze market share, and determine the general impression of the platform among its users.
- Overview – Provides a general overview of the platform, including a snapshot of active users.
- Network – The platform allows businesses to connect and engage with other users in the network.
- Users – The Users component will show you the demographics, psychographics, and more about the individuals using the product.
- Country – The Country component shows you a map with the locations of active users around the world.
- Traffic – The Traffic component shows you the places, searches, and times that users are accessing the product.
- Products – The Products component shows you a map of the products that users have viewed on the platform.
- Sales – The Sales component shows you the revenues of users, the earnings of merchants, and how much each product sold for.
- Referrers – The Referrers component shows you who is sending you traffic – it can be search engines, social media, or direct traffic.
- Affiliates – The Affiliates component shows you a map of the products that you are promoting.
With the information gathered from these various tools, businesses can gain a better understanding of how the platform is performing and if it is a fit for their needs. If you’re interested in e-commerce, online stores, or just want to create a side business that can earn you revenue, you should consider Google My Business.