In today’s world, the lines between work and play are blurred. People are working online and offline, connecting with friends and family, and enjoying leisure activities via tools like video calls and social networking websites.
If you’re exploring a career in marketing but feel overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge required, this course is for you. We’ll introduce you to the basics of marketing while removing the complexity of the subject matter so that you can develop an understanding of how everything fits together.
Why Study Marketing?
The world of marketing is vast. It’s an ever-changing landscape where new technologies emerge and old ones evolve to stay ahead of the competition. It requires you to specialize in multiple areas such as marketing analytics, marketing research, media buying, and digital marketing. To succeed, you’ll need to understand how marketing activities like advertising and sales, which are mostly focused on the offline world, interact with digital platforms like websites and social media.
If this sounds like a lot to take in, that’s because it is. That’s why we’ve broken down the basics of marketing into an online course. With this course, you’ll gain the knowledge you need to stand out in a crowded workforce while pursuing a career in marketing.
What Will You Learn On This Course?
In this online course, you’ll learn the basics of marketing. Although the course does require you to spend some time on your own exploring various topics, we’ll be there to help you every step of the way. By the end of the course, you’ll have the knowledge required to begin your journey toward becoming a top-notch marketer.
Here’s what you’ll learn on the course:
- Marketing foundations – Learn the basics of marketing including what it means to be a marketer, the four Ps of marketing (product, price, place, and promotion), the purpose of marketing, and the difference between advertising and marketing.
- Marketing analytics – Learn the fundamentals of marketing analytics including the types of analytics available, the differences between traditional and online analytics, and how to apply them.
- Marketing research – Learn various methods of marketing research including in-house research, online research, and field research.
- Media buying – Learn what a media plan is, how to create one, and the different types of buyers available in the market.
- Digital marketing – Learn the basics of digital marketing including the evolving role of digital marketing in a traditional marketing plan, how to craft an effective SEO strategy, and how to use various tools available in the digital sphere.
The Learning Curve
This course will prepare you for graduate studies in marketing. Why? Because the more you know, the more you’ll understand. And the more you understand, the more you’ll be able to do. So really, this course is about you and what you want to achieve.
As a beginner in marketing, it’s likely you’ll have questions. That’s why we’ve structured this course in a way that will help you build your understanding of marketing through easy-to-follow tutorials and plenty of examples. There’s also an active forum where you can get help from other students or from our expert tutors who are there to help you at any time.
Just like the rest of the world, the field of marketing is highly specialized. It isn’t all about appealing to the general public and hoping people will come back for more. You’ll have to decide on a specialty and dive deep into one or two areas.
If you decide that you want to become a digital marketer, you’ll have to specialize in SEO, content marketing, email marketing, and performance marketing. Alternatively, if you want to be in the midst of the action, you could choose to specialize in sales or marketing management.
We can’t advise you on what specialty you should choose because that’s up to you. What we can do is give you the knowledge and the tools to become an efficient and successful marketer regardless of your chosen specialty. So go ahead and choose wisely!