Do you have a business website that you think is pretty good, but could be much better? Do you want to know how to take your marketing strategy online and gain more leads, sales, and revenue? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll introduce you to the Google Online Marketing Challenge, which was created to help businesses just like yours grow. Let’s get started.
If you’re looking for an online marketing challenge, then you’ve come to the right place. The Google Online Marketing Challenge is an online marketing competition where business owners and marketers can post their ideas and strategies, and then get inspired by the results. This is also an excellent place to network and connect with other marketers. To learn more, visit googlemarketingchallenge.com.
How Does It Work?
The Google Online Marketing Challenge works in a similar manner to a game show. Each month, Google will select 12 businesses that seem to be standing out from the crowd and then feature them in a Google hangout to show off their marketing strategies and compete for prizes. During the hangout, the businesses will have 1 minute to present their case and then a panel of judges will debate on whether or not they deserve to win. What’s more is that at the end of the month, everyone who participated will stay in the game and the 12 businesses with the best strategies will gain a leg up in the competition for the next round.
Participate In The Challenge!
As we mentioned above, the Google Online Marketing Challenge isn’t just about winning – it’s about participating and being inspired by the results. If you’d like to participate, simply take a look at the rules below. If you agree to them, then get to work on your business website and submit it for review before June 30th of this year. You’ll then have from June 30th to September 30th to complete and submit the challenge. After that, you’ll be entered into a draw to win some great prizes – all you need to do is fill out the form below.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Here’s a list of everything you need to know and abide by to participate in the Google Online Marketing Challenge:
- Set up a business website with a professional-looking landing page.
- Add at least three products to your product database.
- Use the Google Analytics tool to track your website’s performance.
- Post regularly – at least twice a week – to maintain a presence.
- Keep your website’s content relevant and up to date.
- Create social media accounts for your business.
- Include your website’s URL in all your social media posts.
- Use the hashtag #GOMC2013 in your social media posts to ensure they’re discovered.
- Include links to your website in your social media posts.
- Use “Buy Now” or “Checkout Now” buttons on your website.
- Take time to respond to comments and questions on your website.
- Maintain your business website’s integrity.
- Do not use your website to promote any product or service that is not relevant to your niche.
- Do not use any pop-up, pop-under, or lightbox advertising on your website.
- Keep your website free from any known copyright violations.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The prizes are as follows: 1st prize – $5,000; 2nd prize – $2,500; 3rd prize – $1,500; 4th prize – $1,000; and 5th prize – $500.
- The 12 businesses that seem to be standing out from the crowd will advance to the next round of the competition.
- The remaining businesses will be scored on relevance and originality, and the three highest scoring businesses will be displayed in the top three of the next challenge.
If you feel that you met the criteria and would like to participate in the challenge, then get to work on your business website and submit it for review before June 30th of this year. You’ll then have from June 30th to September 30th to complete and submit the challenge, so don’t hesitate!