There’s a wealth of knowledge out there on the web, and while no one single source of information can replace years of in-house expertise, it’s not always easy to find the right information when you need it. That’s why we’re always searching for ways to make our lives easier, and why we love open source software. With free software, you get access to all the tools you need, when you need them, without having to worry about paying for expensive software licenses in advance. Today, we’re fortunate enough to find an excellent tool that helps us in our quest for efficiency, and that’s the Free Online Marketing Previewer from GoDaddy.
For those of you who aren’t familiar, SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of adjusting the content on your website in order to increase its ranking on search engines like Google. Sounds pretty easy, right? Well, it is, but in order for your site to score high in search results, you’ll need to take a little bit of time to see what keywords and phrases your target audience is searching for and incorporate those words and phrases into your content as often as possible without overusing keywords or phrases that the search engines don’t like. Believe it or not, just optimizing your content can boost your site’s traffic by as much as 30% according to HubSpot. And that’s all it takes, plain and simple.
While there are many tools out there that can help you with SEO, not all of them are created equal. Some tools offer nifty features that make the process easier while others focus more on following a set of instructions and sending you off to a VPN to anonymize your browsing. Luckily for us, GoDaddy has thought of everything, and decided to give us an all-in-one solution with their Free Online Marketing Previewer, and we’re about to tell you why.
GoDaddy knows exactly what we mean when we say that SEO can be difficult to understand for those unfamiliar with the process. In the interest of simplifying the process and making it more accessible to anyone, the Free Online Marketing Previewer was created with beginners in mind. This tool is designed to make it easy for anyone to understand how SEO works and how they can use it to improve their sites. Here’s a shortlist of some of the features that make this tool so valuable:
- Simple interface: While the interface isn’t the smoothest thing you’ll ever see, it’s very easy to use. You’ll find that most of the functions can be performed using only the keyboard, without having to click on anything or leave the page.
- Keyword suggestions: One of the most valuable features of this software is the ability to search for keywords and get suggestions as to what you might want to include in your content. The tool even suggests keywords for commonly misspelled words, so you can be sure that you’re not leaving any stone unturned in your search for the best possible keywords.
- Samples: As we mentioned earlier, SEO is all about incorporating keywords into your content. In order to do that, you’ll need to have some content to work with. Luckily for you, GoDaddy has provided you with a sample article, which you can use to get started with your own blog or website. This sample article incorporates a number of the valuable keywords from the suggestion list that you’ll get when you use the tool. Of course, you don’t have to use it entirely for inspiration, but it’s a great place to start.
- Tutorials: If you’re new to SEO and don’t happen to know where to start, the tutorials on this tool will walk you step-by-step through the process. There are four basic tutorials that will teach you the basics of SEO including how to conduct a keyword analysis and how to use the previewer itself. These tutorials are extremely valuable for anyone who’s just learning about SEO or who needs a little help getting started.
- Community: If you’ve been looking for a way to get some help with SEO, you’ve come to the right place. The community on this tool is one of the largest and most active in the industry, which means there are plenty of experienced users who are happy to help you get started or provide guidance as to what you might want to change about your site in order to improve its performance in the search engines.
- Progress monitoring: One of the biggest pains in the ass for anyone who’s trying to learn SEO is sticking with it and checking back frequently to see how things are going. Thankfully, GoDaddy has provided you with a small progress bar that’s attached to each step of the way, so you’ll know exactly what’s going on. This feature alone makes this tool invaluable for those who want to learn SEO but don’t have the time to dedicate to the process.
Annotations & Tools
Even though the majority of this software is designed with beginners in mind, not everyone will want to go through the motions of simply inputting text and hitting the publish button. That’s why GoDaddy has provided you with some additional features in the form of annotations and tools. Annotations are brief bits of information about an element on a web page, which are often used in SEO for the same reason that keywords are incorporated into content – to increase its relevance to potential customers searching for the product or service you offer. Here are some of the most useful annotations for beginners: