Whether you’re just getting started with internet marketing or you’re already an expert, there are endless resources available to you online. Many companies provide free marketing resources to new users, making it easy for you to find the tools you need with nothing more than clicks. Although there are a variety of paid and free resources available to you online, you must remember that results may vary, and there’s no guarantee you’ll get the same level of performance from the free tools as you would from a paid service.
Email marketing is one of the most popular free online marketing resources, and it’s easy to see why. You can start a free account with a large email marketing platform like HubSpot, and then use their templates or create your own to send out emails to your subscribers.
These emails can be used to promote your product or service, or they can be sent out as promotional emails for a particular campaign. When you send out these emails, you are able to track the open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, making it easy to see which emails are performing best and which content is being ignored.
A web host is essentially where your website’s content is stored online. The most popular web hosts provide one-click installs for WordPress and many other content management systems, so you can easily get up and running with a self-hosted website in no time at all. Some web hosts provide additional features like free backups, domain privacy, free SEO tools, etc.
The best part about a web host is that they provide you with everything you need to get started, including a free domain and a landing page. From there, you can deploy any type of site you want, and make money online with affiliate marketing, selling and displaying ads, or just providing valuable content.
Guest blogging is when a reputable company builds a relationship with a blogger in order to promote their product or service. Companies usually try to pick a popular blogger with a large audience who is also looking for ways to make extra money, and then they will help that blogger to promote their product or service in exchange for free products or money. Companies like Uber, Lyft, and TaskRabbit have all gained huge success by utilizing guest blogging as part of their digital marketing strategy.
You can start a free account with sites like HubSpot so you can begin to build up a portfolio of guest blogs you can use to promote products and services that you’re passionate about. Just remember to focus on high quality content that is both relevant and informative to your audience, and make sure that you add value to the conversation by providing insightful tips or tools that they can use to improve their lives.
Product Review Blogging
Product review blogging is when a company or individual reviews a product or service that they have tried and tested themselves (usually a new product or service that is being made available to the public for the first time). These product reviews can then be used to promote the product or service being reviewed through affiliate marketing, displaying ads, or just by being valuable and credible information about the product or service in question.
As with any type of blogging, the more you put in it, the more you’ll get back. So, if you want to become an expert product review blogger, you need to put in the time and effort to build up a portfolio of valuable product reviews that you can then use to pitch to brands and companies who are interested in advertising on your site.
Paid Subscription Blogs
If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you may have heard of a blog called The Athletic. The Athletic is a sports magazine that was created by sportswear company Under Armour, and they use a number of different free online marketing resources to complement their content. Here are some of the paid subscription blogs that Under Armour uses:
- Prospecting – This is a free blogging platform that Under Armour uses to encourage user engagement through content that they create. As a blogger with Prospecting, you’ll be provided with a set of high-quality, fully managed templates that you can use to get up and running with a quick blog in no time at all. Just remember to add value to the conversation by providing tips and tricks that will help others.
- Content Marketing– This is the platform that Under Armour’s content marketing team uses to create, distribute, and track marketing content across different platforms (websites, social media, and apps). On Content Marketing, you’ll find all the content that Under Armour creates, from blog posts and videos to eBooks and infographics, along with the digital tools that they use to create and distribute this content.
- Video Marketing– Video marketing is becoming an essential part of most digital marketing plans, and one of the reasons why is because it’s easy to understand and interact with. Videos can be used to explain a product or service, showcase the features of a product, or provide short-form content to engage users.
- Affiliate Marketing– If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you may have already heard of affiliate marketing. Simply put, affiliate marketing is when a business recommends or promotes a particular product or service that they’ve been paid to promote, and when someone clicks a link or buys a product that’s been recommended through affiliate marketing, they’re often referred to as an affiliate purchaser or customer. There are many different ways to earn affiliate income, from promoting a product that you’ve been paid to promote to selling and displaying ads, amongst other things.
- Social Marketing– Social marketing is essentially content (usually in the form of a video or image) that is used to engage with and communicate with audiences via social media. Companies like HubSpot, Streem, and Hootsuite offer free social marketing tools that you can use to gain credibility and build a following on your favorite social platforms (like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).
- Web Analytics– If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you may have heard of web analytics. Web analytics tracks how visitors interact with websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms, and it can be used to determine the popularity of different pages and content, track user engagement, and improve the performance of a website or app in question.
- Content Squeezer– Content Squeezer is a tool that Under Armour uses to find and rank the most valuable content based on its ability to generate traffic and leads for their client. Essentially, content that ranks well using Content Squeezer has proven to generate traffic and leads for Under Armour’s client.
- SEO– Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of designing and optimizing a website or app to appear at the top of search results when a user searches for products or services related to your niche. Most large search engines offer free SEO tools that you can use to get started, and you can also find many independent experts and freelancers who specialize in SEO and are looking for clients.
Overnight Success Blogging
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make money online, you don’t necessarily have to become a pro to start a successful blog. You just have to know what you’re doing and how to execute a digital marketing strategy, which is something that many pros like Dan Kennedy, Chris Cantlay, and Grant Cardone are willing to teach you.
Starting a blog is a great way to make money online, but it takes a lot of time and effort to see results. If you want to achieve online success as quickly as possible, you must learn from the best, and those who’ve been there and done that are more than happy to help. If you’re looking to become a pro, they can help you find the right coaching program to get you started.
The best part about all of this is there are countless ways to make money online without having to start a blog. You don’t necessarily have to have a website or blog to get started. You can simply create a YouTube channel and start documenting your adventures or even just record a few demo videos explaining different products and how to use them. With the right coaching program and a little bit of hustle, you can become a paid speaker, start an online store, or develop affiliate marketing strategies to start making money online.