You’ve probably heard of iknowify, a company that helps marketers find leads and connect with customers through text messaging. If you’re looking to get in on the action, you can try out the free version of Cro to test it out.
Why text messaging? Most people have a phone in their pockets, and most people use their phones to text. If you want to engage with your audience, you can use the opt-in text box on your website, Facebook page or any other page you might consider using MCQ’s software. If you’re not on social media, you can send out an email with a link to a short survey to get some leads.
We’ve all been there. We’ve seen a product or service that looks amazing and we want to try it out. Only to find out that it’s not available in our area or that it’s not the best fit for us. That’s when the anger sets in. We want to make sure that we don’t waste our time and energy on products that don’t serve our interests. That’s why it’s so important to do some research before committing to any product or service. It’s also important to find out what others are saying about the product or service before making a decision. That way, you can be sure that you’re making the right choice for you, and you won’t be wasting your hard-earned money.
If you want a free enterprise software tool to help you connect with your audience and grow your business, you can try out the open-source software, Cro. Let’s take a closer look at how you can use this platform to grow your email list and start an email marketing campaign that will connect you with potential customers.
Setting Up Cro
To get started, you’ll need to go to the GitHub website and download the latest stable version of the software. You can install it on your computer or mobile device (such as a tablet or smartphone) and begin using it right away. When you first open the program, you’ll see a welcome screen like this one:
This screen will give you the option to dive right in and start using the platform or read the quick tutorial that will introduce you to the basics of building a marketing plan with Cro. You can click on the Get Started button to continue to the tutorial or Read the Docs to dive right into the software.
Getting Started With The Tutorial
The tutorial will walk you through the initial steps of setting up your account and getting started with the application. You’ll also learn how to build an audience and how to send out tailored text messaging campaigns to convert casual browsers into paying subscribers:
- Create a username and password to access your account
- Check the box to accept the terms of service
- Choose your plan: Basic (free) or Pro (paid)
- Click on Create your Plan
- Specify a name for your plan
- Type your plan’s description
- Check the box to auto-renew
Marketing Automation With Mailchimp
One of the great things about Cro is that it works hand-in-hand with Mailchimp, a marketing automation tool that you can use to build and send automated email campaigns. Let’s say that you want to send out a marketing campaign to 50,000 of your email list subscribers to encourage them to take a look at your new clothing line. You can use the Mailchimp app to create and send your email campaign in a few minutes:
- Login to your Mailchimp account
- Click on Create a new campaign
- Click on the gear icon
- Choose the industry of your choice (you can select More than one if you sell products in different categories)
- In the name of your campaign, type a catchy name
- Select an option from the drop-down menu to indicate the purpose of your campaign
- Click on Create campaign
- If you’d like, you can add a short description
- Choose the email marketing service provider you’ll use to send out your email
- Specify how you want to communicate (i.e. text, email, social media)
- Choose a template for your email
- Set a goal for the campaign (optional)
- Configure the frequency of your emails (i.e. daily, weekly, etc.)
- Choose whether you want to send the email to existing or new subscribers
Create Your List
Once you have your campaign set up, you can start building your email list by encouraging people to sign up for your mailing list. You can create an opt-in page on your website, blog or social media accounts to get started. Just make sure that you follow the guidelines that Mailchimp provides.
When someone clicks on the Get Started button on your opt-in page, they’ll be taken to a landing page that will ask them to provide their email address. Make sure that this page contains a clear and descriptive heading that will catch the attention of your visitors.
This email address will then be added to your list. You can continue to use this address to send out email notifications about new products, discounts and special offers that you might have to promote.
Send Mass Text Messages
Another great feature of Cro is that you can opt-in for text messaging updates from your favorite brands and businesses. All you have to do is add the vendor’s short code to your phone’s contacts and you’ll be able to receive text messages from that business. A few examples include:
- Erin Beck’s short code is +1-415-789-9786. If you’ve ever shopped at Nordstrom or visited their website, you may have seen this number pop up when you try to text their customer service number. To get started, you can text “erinbeck” to 41444. (You might have to wait a few moments before sending this message.)
- Victoria’s Secret’s short code is +1-844-788-7654. If you’re a fashionista and you’ve ever shopped at Victoria’s Secret, you might have seen this number pop up on the screen when you try to text their customer service number. To get started, you can text “victoriassecret” to 41444.
- Mikimoto’s short code is +1-335-235-7788. If you’ve ever eaten at Mikimoto’s, you may have seen this number pop up when you try to text their customer service number. To get started, you can text “mikimotos” to 41444.
- You can use Airbnb’s short code, +1-800-228-9297, to subscribe to receive text messaging alerts when a new listing goes live in your vicinity. (You’ll have to subscribe to a plan that includes this feature to get started.)
Use This Email List To Grow Your Business
Once you’ve started building your email list, you can use it to gain more customers and grow your business. You can send out discount coupons, offer special promotions, announce new products and anything else that you can think of to encourage people to visit your site or enter your store. If someone comes back to your site because they liked what they saw, you can use this as part of your SEO strategy to gain more web traffic and build credibility.
You can try out a free 14-day trial of Cro to see how it works for you before you commit. Once you get started, you can use the platform to grow a mailing list and ultimately, gain more customers and revenue.