The following is a general guide to online marketing for small businesses. This post covers the basics including tools, strategy, and execution. For a more complete guide, check out our ebook.
Set Up Your Online Marketing Office
The first step to doing online marketing is to set up your office. This is where you will conduct all of your marketing activity. You can use an existing office or workspace for this purpose. If you already have a small business, you can use the kitchen, bathroom, or any other room in your house to set up your office.
You need to make sure that these rooms are set up with the following items:
- A desk
- A chair
- A computer
- Internet connection
- Phone line
- A good workspace area
- A kitchen area
- A bathroom
- A closet
- A place to hang up clothes
- A plant
- A bottle of red wine or liquor
Get A Domain Name
The next step is to get a domain name for your website. If you are new to the game, this might be a bit difficult. Fortunately, Bluehost offers free domain privacy, which you can use to protect your personal information.
If you choose to use this service, you will need to purchase a domain from Bluehost, which you can do using the following link:
- Register for a free account
- Purchase a domain
- Setup daily backups
- Set up email forwarding
- Activate the domain
Leverage The Power Of Email
One of the things you will need to do in order to be effective online is to understand how to leverage the power of email. If you are already using email to communicate with customers, you can use this tool to grow your business. You can set up auto responders, which allows you to quickly and efficiently communicate with your customers via email.
To get started, simply visit the following link and click on the Get Started button:
This will take you to a form, where you can enter your email address and click on the Get Started button. Once you have done this, you will need to take a few minutes to set up your auto responder. You can choose how you want to receive communications from this point forward. You can select whether you want to receive them as emails or text messages.
Set Up Your Blog
Another way to build your brand and gain credibility is to establish yourself as an expert in your industry. One way to do this is to set up a blog. A blog can be a great place to establish yourself as an expert and a brand. If you are looking to start a blog, the following resources can help you:
- Blogging for Business – A step-by-step guide to establishing and building a successful blog for your business.
- How to Start a Blog – An in-depth guide to establishing your blog and getting started quickly.
- Make Money With a Blog – An in-depth guide to establishing monetized blogs.
- How to Monetise a Blog – A step-by-step guide to finding passive income via your blog.
Start Test Marketing
Once you have set up your blog, you can start testing marketing in earnest. The aim of this stage is to find the tools and tactics that work best for you. You should not be afraid to experiment with various types of marketing activity. Some of the things you might test include:
- Email marketing – Sending out regular emails to your customers. You can use mailing lists, which you can find from your blog, to send out these emails.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – Improving the search rankings of your website so that it appears when people search for keywords relating to your niche. You can use free tools like Google Keyword Planner to find the right keywords to incorporate into your content. The more you put in, the more you will get back.
- Content marketing – Marketing and advertising through the creation and distribution of valuable, authoritative content. Think of content as a form of advertising that is more affordable.
- Display ads – Putting small text ads on websites that cover your industry. You can use a tool like Google Adsense to get started with display ads.
- Sharing buttons – Putting share buttons on your blog, so that visitors can share your content socially.
Grow Your Audience
Once you have tested some form of marketing and found the strategies that seem to be working for you, you can start to grow your audience. The more people that know and trust your brand, the more valuable you will become. You can use a tool like Growtopia to help you with audience development. This tool offers free versions with limited features, as well as premium growth plans that cost $1 a day or $30 a week.
These tools allow you to:
- Create a brand identity
- Generate website traffic
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Find new leads and customers
- Grow your business
Optimize Your Website For Maximum Visibility
After you have launched your blog, you can use the insights you have gained to further grow your business. To do this, you need to focus on making your website stand out above the rest. You can use tools like Google Analytics to track the performance of your website. With this information, you can identify the areas that you need to work on and the strategies that will help you to improve your web traffic.
There are five steps you should follow in order to properly optimize your website for maximum visibility: