If you’re looking for a way to make money from home, you’ve probably considered exploring online advertising. What is online advertising? Online advertising = “the practice of placing advertisements on Web sites to attract potential customers” & according to Google, is a $17 billion market.
But how can you become an expert in this field? And what will that even mean?
To learn more, we spoke with Danya Roizen, a business coach who has worked with clients in the online space, and now mentors newbies in the field.
The Differences Between Display Advertising and Search Advertising
One of the biggest differences between traditional advertising (think billboards, radio advertisements, and magazine spreads) and the modern online variety is the target audience. Back in the day, you might have had to rely on a newspaper or magazine to learn about new products. Today, thanks to the wonders of the internet, you can get relevant information when you want it. And since you probably already have a screen near you, that means you have access to unlimited potential customers.
While billboards and radio advertisements reached a specific audience, on the internet, that target audience is you. And that’s a good thing because it means you can have a direct conversation with the person who wants to buy your product.
It also means there’s an endless variety of products you can promote. Billions of possibilities beckon. If you want to be a search advertising expert, you’ll have to master a few essential skills.
How to Become an Online Advertising Business Expert?
Whether you have a brand new blog or you’ve been blogging for years, you can take advantage of the fact that you already have a personal connection to the internet to launch yourself into the field. First, you’ll need to decide how you want to build your website.
Do you want to use a content management system (CMS), or do you want to build your own site from the ground up using a site builder? Both have their perks but since it is a new or already established site, you might want to go with the convenience of a CMS.
Once you’ve made this decision, you can start to populate your website with relevant content. When done correctly, this content will help your target audience find the information they need and it’ll also attract potential customers to your site. Your content might include:
- Product reviews – which products are performing well and which ones aren’t? How is the customer experience?
- Useful tips or tricks for the everyday consumer – is this something new that people need to know about?
- Case studies on the effectiveness of different products or services
- Competitive analysis – Which products are dominating the market? Are you facing any competition? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- News stories – what’s happening in the world of business that you can use for your blog?
- And so much more!
Once you’ve built your website (with or without a CMS), it’s time to move onto the next steps.
Pro-Tip: Start A Blog
If you’re completely new to the world of blogging, it’s a good idea to start a blog. A blog is a content-driven website which gives you three important advantages:
- It’s free. No costs associated with starting a blog.
- It’s extremely easy to set up. Anyone can do it.
- It’s easy to update. If you want to change the content on your blog, you’ll just have to re-do the work. Not like with a physical magazine or newspaper where you need to physically go into the office and update the info.
The first step to becoming an online advertising expert is deciding how you want to approach the industry and building the perfect blog to help you become an expert in your field. And for that, you can’t go wrong starting a blog.