If you’re new to the online world, it can be difficult to know where to start when looking for an online marketing agency to assist you in growing your business globally. There are so many companies out there, all promising to help you build your brand on the internet. It’s important to remember that not all online marketers are created equal, so it’s important to do your research before committing to any one agency.
Here are five things to look for in an online marketing company before making a decision:
The most important thing to consider when researching any company is the website. If you have a bad experience with a company and their website, you won’t have to worry about being scammed. Believe it or not, but a lot of scammers out there will try to trick you into thinking their agency is a trustworthy organization. The best way to avoid this is by checking out their website before making any decisions. Look at how the website presents itself, whether the design is attractive, and whether or not the information is well organized. When reviewing a website’s design, keep in mind that no matter what your purpose is for being on the internet, you will need a catchy and easy to remember phrase to make your website stand out. When it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimization), the saying “Content is king” couldn’t be more appropriate. If your website doesn’t have good content, it won’t do well in the search engines. In today’s world, content is one of the most important factors involved in getting your website or blog out there and being discoverable by potential customers. If, however, you’re still deciding which agency to go with after reviewing their website, there’s no need to worry. Just contact them and see what kind of assistance they can provide to help you grow your business. If they don’t have the capabilities you’re looking for, they’ll be able to direct you to another agency that can.
A lot of people, myself included, get fooled by fake names and false fronts. We’ve all heard of companies that rename themselves after the founder dies or takes a new role in the company. If you want to be sure that you’re dealing with a legitimate company, make sure that their name isn’t some made-up brand. If you get the feeling that the name of the company isn’t exactly what it seems, avoid them. There are a lot of scammers out there who will try to trick you into joining their affiliate programs or buying their products, simply because their name sounds familiar or sounds like a reputable company. If you’re not sure about a company’s name, it’s best to just move on to the next one.
As mentioned above, content is king when it comes to SEO, so it follows that the people behind the content matter too. Make sure that the people working for the company you’re considering are actually experienced in SEO and content management. Even if a company presents themselves as being an expert in these fields, it’s best to take a leap of faith and go with someone whose experience you can verify. If you have any doubts, do your research into their past clients and the types of services they provide. Having people with expertise in digital marketing, SEO, and content management is incredibly beneficial in growing your business online. This is also why a lot of businesses choose to operate remotely. It’s not always convenient to have someone physically located in your office, especially if you have a small one. Having expertise instead in your virtual office is preferable in many ways. Not only does it facilitate faster growth, but it reduces your overall overhead too. If possible, it’s best to work with a company that has an established track record of providing high-quality services to its clientele. Going back to the topic of expertise, make sure to ask the agency you’re considering if they have any suggestions or tips on how to accomplish what you’re looking for. Not only will this help you get your point across clearly, but it shows that you’re interested in engaging with them on a personal level and seeking out their opinion rather than simply taking a business relationship into consideration. If you’re not sure what questions to ask, here are some helpful hints:
- Look for testimonials from previous clients on their website or social media accounts.
- Check out their portfolio of previous work.
- Do some research into the kind of services they provide and whether or not those services are in line with your business goals. If you don’t know exactly what you need, ask them about it.
- Look at their pricing structure and how much they charge for their services.
- Check out their website’s design and see how well it stands out compared to other similar websites. This is important because, as mentioned above, good content is king when it comes to SEO. If their content isn’t that good, then it’s possible they’re not that experienced in SEO either. You don’t want to work with someone who doesn’t know how important good content is for SEO.
- Consider what kind of warranty they provide and whether or not that is enough for your needs. Some companies specialize in providing warranties, while others provide only liability coverage. Make sure that you’re covered whether or not you use an affiliate program, whether or not you promote their products, and whether or not you create any content for them. A good online marketing company will have a lot of coverage, including advertising liability coverage, which protects you from having to pay for any illegal or misleading actions committed by an advertiser. This type of coverage can also help protect you from getting sued by any of their clients for whatever reason. The bottom line is that you shouldn’t have to worry about anything not being covered because they don’t want to leave you vulnerable. Some companies specialize in providing liability coverage, so make sure to ask about that too.
- Try to work with a company who is a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau). If you’re not sure what the BBB is, it’s a nonprofit organization that provides businesses with a rating based on three areas: advertising, billing, and delivery. A lot of times, businesses that are members of the BBB have to adhere to a little bit of a code when it comes to online marketing. So, by joining the BBB, you’re guaranteed to find out if their code of conduct applies to them. If it does, and you end up joining their affiliate program or buying their products anyway, then it’s a good idea to find out what their code of conduct is before getting started. This way, you can make sure that you’re not doing anything that could get you in trouble. The best thing about the BBB is that it provides you with a rating once you’ve joined. This means that you can find out how other customers rated them and whether or not their services are good.
- Last but not least, be sure to ask the agency you’re considering about their cancellation policy. A lot of times, when business owners or CEOs are planning on relocating or expanding their operations, they will cancel contracts with online marketing agencies. This can lead to serious problems for those agencies who don’t have other clients lined up, or who lose a big contract because the business owner pulled out at the last minute. It’s not always easy to find replacement clients, especially if you’ve been with the same agency for a while and they have a good reputation. It’s also a pain to have to start from scratch when it comes to finding new customers. If you’re planning on expanding your business, it might be a good idea to look for an agency who’s open to the idea of extending their services to accommodate your needs. Remember, though, that there are no guarantees when it comes to securing new clients. Especially when it comes to the internet, there’s always someone who can do better than you.
Another important consideration when choosing an agency is the physical location of the agency. While it’s great to have a global reach and to potentially serve all corners of the world with your products, it’s not always convenient to have a physical presence in every single city or country around the globe. If you’re not sure whether or not they have an office in your area, it’s best to contact them and find out. A good online marketing company will have an office in every major city, as well as in places like Singapore and Hong Kong, where it’s convenient for them to work remotely. It’s not always easy to get a visa to visit these places, or even easier to get a job there. If you own a business that can be beneficial to these places, consider moving there. It’s always more convenient to have a physical office, especially when working remotely is difficult due to poor internet connectivity. Being physically located in one place allows you to be accessible for face-to-face meetings and to conduct business as usual, even when you’re not there.